- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
A ‘must-see’ World Cup knockout game here as the current European champions – Portugal – take on Uruguay in a bid for a slot in the Quarter Finals.
It’s hard to believe but the sides have actually NEVER played each other before so in terms of past head-to-heads we’ve got nothing to go on.
Uruguay head into he game having won all three of their group games, while Portugal drew two and won one.
The 90 mins match betting is tight too, with Uruguay just edging it at 2.80, with Portugal 3.00 and the Draw 3.00. While Uruguay are 1.80 to qualify and Portugal are 1.95.
Both sides also have match winners in the shape of Suarez and Ronaldo, who have both been in decent scoring form during this World Cup, so we should be in for a fascinating clash.
Uruguay come into the game having lost just 1 of their last 11 games and have won their last five ‘to nil’, while Portugal have tasted defeat just once in their last 21 matches.
Portugal have kept three clean sheets in their last 5 games, while both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of Uruguay’s last 8 matches to suggest we might be in for a tight game. Both teams NOT to score can be backed at 1.61, while Under 2.5 goals is only 1.44.
Don’t forget we are now into the knockout stages so extra-time and even penalties may come into play of the game is a draw after 90mins – and that’s exactly how we think this game will pan out.
The stalemate at 3.00 (90 mins) looks a fair price, while if the game does get extended then Uruguay can be backed at 11.00 to win in Extra-time, or 9.00 by pens, with Portugal 12.00 to win in extra-time, or 9.50 pens – all four options looks attractive options.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: DRAW @3.00
Uruguay v Portugal 19:00
- Portugal and Uruguay have never played each other
- FIFA World Rankings, Portugal 4, Uruguay 14
- Uruguay have lost just 1 of their last 11 games
- Uruguay have won their last 5 games ‘to nil’
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of Uruguay’s last 8 games
- 5 of Uruguay’s last 8 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Luis Suarez is Uruguay’s current top scorer (51 goals)
- Portugal have lost just 1 of their last 21 games
- 5 of Portugal’s last 8 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Portugal have drawn 5 of their last 9 games
- Portugal have kept a clean sheet in 3 of their last 5 games
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Portugal’s current top scorer (85 goals)
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.