- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
- Doncaster TV Trends and Tips: Sunday 11th Sept 2022 - September 11, 2022
FA Cup Betting Guide
Saturday 5th Feb 2022
Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion 20:00
- Met once in the FA Cup, Spurs 1, Draws 0, Brighton 0
- Last met in the FA Cup 2005, Spurs 2-1 Brighton
- Last head-to-head (Prem 2021), Brighton 1-0 Spurs
- 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Spurs have won 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads 2-1
- Spurs have won 3 of the last 6 head-to-heads 2-1
- Brighton have scored in 6 of their last 7 vs Spurs
- Harry Kane (Spurs) has scored in 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads
- Just 1 DRAW in the last 11 head-to-heads
After the winter break it’s back with FA Cup action this weekend and one of the highlights from the fourth-round games is the all-Premier League clash between Tottenham and Brighton.
This Saturday evening encounter sees Spurs as the clear favourite in the 90mins match betting at 1.85, with the Draw 3.50 and Brighton 4.20.
While the outright betting sees Spurs at 1.44 and Brighton at 2.62.
The sides have only met once in this competition though and that resulted in a Spurs 2-1 win in 2005.
Being it’s an all-Premier League tie though the teams also have some history in the top flight, but are actually yet to face-off this season.
It’s been a clash that Spurs have liked to win 2-1 though – the Londoners have managed to win 2-1 in 50% of the last 6 clashes, so a repeat of that scoreline at has to be on the radar at 8.50.
3 of the last 4 meetings have seen OVER 2.5 GOALS though, so that’s good news for the neutrals as we should get some goals here. You can back 3+ goals in the game at 2.00
But Brighton have been playing some good football this season in the league and the fact they’ve managed to score in 6 of their last 7 games vs Spurs is another plus if you fancy goals to be scored here. You can back Spurs to ‘NOT’ keep a clean sheet at 1.50.
With only one DRAW in the last 11 clashes too, then we should get a result one way, or another.
Looking at the scoring markets, then Harry Kane, who has been on target in two of the last three head-to-heads is on offer at 1.83 (anytime) or 3.75 (1st), while the main man in most games for the Seagulls is Neal Maupay – the Frenchman is at 7.00 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime).
Overall, it’s all set up for a decent match and one – hopefully – we’ll see goals in. Spurs, with home advantage, are sure to be popular in the match betting but, as we all know, they can be a very hard side to predict these days – and after all, this is also the cup!
With all that in mind, the call is to stick with this clash producing goals – Over 2.5 Goals has rewarded backers in 75% of the last 4 meetings, so the 2.00 on offer here looks fair.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @2.00
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
In Q1 and Q2 of 2022 TradeHost is busier than ever and even more profitable with a whopping 12,271 Betfair markets traded.
All results for the 20,208 Betfair UK, IE & AU horse racing markets traded are here.