- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Saturday 14th August 2021
Manchester United v Leeds United 12:30
- Met 109 times (all comps), Man Utd 47, Draws 36, Leeds 26
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 6-2 Leeds
- Man Utd took 4 points off Leeds last season
- Fernandes (Man Utd) scored 2 goals in this fixture last season
- McTominay (Man Utd) scored 2 goals in this fixture last season
- 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads
- Man Utd have never lost at home to Leeds in the Premier League (13 games)
- 8 of the last 13 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Leeds last beat Man Utd away in the league in 1981
Last season’s Premier League runners-up, Manchester United, get their new campaign started with a home clash against Leeds United, who has another decent season to finish 9th last term.
It’s no shock to see the match betting with Man Utd as the clear favourites at 1.50, with the Draw 4.50 and Leeds 5.75.
All eyes will also be on new United signing Jadon Sancho, who will be making his debut for the Red Devils – he’s 6.00 (1st) or 2.30 (anytime). It’s also worth noting that United’s Scott McTominay netted twice in this fixture last season too, but team news will have to be checked in the lead-up to the game to see if he’s in the side. He’s 17.00 (1st), or 6.00 (anytime).
Looking at the Leeds side, their top league scorer last term was Patrick Bamford – he’s on offer at 8.00 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime), while Stuart Dallas was on target in this fixture last season and is 23.00 (1st) or 8.00 (anytime).
It’s also worth pointing out that Manchester United have never lost at home to Leeds in the Premier League (13 games), while the last time Leeds beat the red side of Manchester in the league away was in 1981!.
Other options to look for are that both teams scored in 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads, so this might appeal at 1.61, while 6 of the last 9 clashes also saw UNDER 2.5 GOALS, while 8 of the last 13 also saw less than 3 total goals scored. You can back Under 2.5 GOALS at 2.37.
Overall, it’s a game that most will expect Manchester United to get off to the perfect start in, but Leeds have come out of the traps well in recent seasons and might be dangerous to underestimate.
Therefore, the Under 2.5 Goals option at 2.37 is fair value, but if you take the ‘safety net’ option and give yourself another goal cushion, then Under 3.5 Goals at 1.57 makes plenty of appeal.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 3.5 GOALS @1.57
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.