Saturday 24th October 2020
Manchester United v Chelsea 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea
- Man Utd took 6 points off Chelsea in the league last season
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 7 home league games vs Chelsea
- Man Utd have lost just 1 of their last 10 home league games vs Chelsea
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 13 head-to-heads
- 6 of the last 8 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Chelsea have scored just 3 goals in the last 7 repeat fixtures
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 8 repeat fixtures
- 4 of the last 7 repeat fixtures ended in DRAWS
- Rashford (Man Utd) scored twice in this fixture last season
Manchester United managed to come from a goal down to get the better of Newcastle 4-1 last weekend and that will certainly give the Red Devils plenty of confidence ahead of their much harder clash with Chelsea this Saturday.
The Blues will be reeling from their 3-3 draw at home to Southampton after letting in a late goal to the Saints, so Lampard’s men will be hoping to get back to winning ways here.
However, United fans will remember that this clash ended in an easy 4-0 home win last season and that the Red Devils also took 6 points off Chelsea last term in the league.
In fact, Manchester United are also unbeaten in their last 7 home games when playing Chelsea and have lost only 1 of their last 10 at Old Trafford in the league to the Londoners.
The match betting is tight though.
Manchester United are just the favourites at 2.50, with the Draw 3.40 and Chelsea on offer at around 2.70.
Other betting options could be the Overs/Unders market as 6 of the last 8 repeat fixtures went Under 2.5 goals – this is on offer at 2.20, with Over 2.5 at 1.66.
Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 13 clashes so this might appeal too at 2.37, with both teams to score a lot shorter at 1.53.
Looking at the scoring markets – United’s Marcus Rashford was on target twice in this fixture last season so the England man is a player to have on your radar at 7.00 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime), while Chelsea’s Timo Werner is starting to find his feet in the Premier League and scored twice in their last league game. The German is on offer at 5.50 (1st) or 2.20 (anytime).
However, with both teams looking a bit suspect at the back and leaking goals in their recent games, then the ‘both teams to score’ market looks the obvious call. But with 4 of the last 7 repeat fixtures also ending in DRAWS then this might be the safest call in a match that a case can certainly be made for both teams.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: DRAW @3.40
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac