- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Sunday 2nd May 2021
Manchester United v Liverpool 16:30
- Already met this season, Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
- Also met in the FA Cup, Man Utd 3-2 Liverpool
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool
- 7 of the last 11 head-to-heads (all comps) ended in DRAWS
- The 10 of the last 13 head-to-heads (all comps) went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 9 head-to-heads
- 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads at Old Trafford ended 1-1
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 8 home games vs Liverpool (all comps)
- Liverpool have lost just 2 of their last 12 vs Man Utd (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads at Old Trafford
- Man Utd have scored just 1 goal in the last 4 league head-to-heads
You would have got big odds-on Manchester United finishing ahead of last season’s Premier League champions – Liverpool – this term, but that’s what is likely to happen!
United start this round of games in a clear second on 67 points – 13 ahead of Liverpool – and with home advantage for this game, the Red Devils will fancy their chances of putting another nail in Liverpool’s coffin.
The Mersersiders again dropped points last weekend after letting in a late equaliser against Newcastle, while prior to that game they were held at Leeds.
Therefore, with the 13 point game and home advantage, it’s slightly surprising to see Manchester United as the second favourites (just) in the match betting. Man Utd are on offer at 2.62, the Draw 3.60 and Liverpool at 2.50.
The sides have met twice this season already too as they also played in the FA Cup. The cup clash ended Man Utd 3-2 Liverpool, while the league game at Anfield finished 0-0.
And, really, there was no shock in that recent league meeting ending in a DRAW as 7 of the last 11 head-to-heads in all competitions have finished all-square. 3 of the last 5 at Old Trafford have ended 1-1, which is on offer at 7.50.
Recent meetings today have also generally been low-scoring affairs too – 10 of the last 13 (all comps) saw UNDER 2.5 GOALS, so the 2.00 on offer on this happening again might appeal.
Both teams scored in 6 of the last 9 meetings today at Old Trafford too, so at 1.61 this option is sure to have interest.
The overall head-to-head stats send out mixed messages too as Liverpool have lost just 2 of their last 12 against United, but in contrast United are unbeaten in their last 8 home games vs Liverpool.
In summary, it’s a game that Liverpool clearly have to win more than United if they want to get their ‘top four’ challenge back on track, but United have a nice cushion in second and would probably take another draw against their rivals.
It’s also worth noting, I guess, that United are in Europa League action on the Thursday before this game, so Liverpool will come into the game the fresher team and that does sound the alarm bells a tad if playing in the match betting market.
With that in mind, we’ll be avoiding the match betting and siding with this being another low-scoring affair. 77% of the last 13 games ended with their being Under 2.5 goals scored so the 2.00 on offer on a repeat look fair value.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @2.00
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.
All trades and bets were streamed live on JuiceStorm TV which was was watched by 124,209 Betfair Traders in 2022.
All results for the 30,635 Betfair markets traded are here and the charts are here.
Top 50 Comments on JuiceStorm.com