- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
FA Cup Fourth Round
Manchester United v Liverpool
Sunday 24th January, 5pm
- Met in the FA Cup 17 times, Liverpool 4, Draw 4, Man Utd 9
- Last met in the FA Cup (2012), Liverpool 2-1 Man Utd
- Met in the league this season, Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
- The last 7 of the last 10 head-to-heads (all comps) ended in DRAWS
- The 10 of the last 12 head-to-heads (all comps) went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 8 head-to-heads
- 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads at Old Trafford ended 1-1
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 7 home games vs Liverpool
- Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 11 vs Man Utd (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads at Old Trafford
Manchester United and Liverpool faced-off in the league last Sunday – a game that ended 0-0 – but these two heavyweights of English football are back for more this weekend – this time in the FA Cup.
United will have home advantage this time and that’s reflected in the 90mins match betting – Man Utd are on offer around 2.60, the Draw 3.40 and Liverpool 2.62, while the outright betting is 1.90 on each of the sides, so it couldn’t be any tighter!
The sides have met 17 times in the FA Cup and it’s the Red Devils that have hold sway with 9 wins, to Liverpool’s 4 (4 draws). They last met in the 2012 season and that ended 2-1 to the Reds.
It will be an interesting tactical affair and a lot will rest with the team selections too. Both teams can be expected to put out string sides, mainly because of the opposition they are playing, but with home advantage and knowing they had chances in last week’s league meeting, then United will surely fancy themselves here.
It’s a meeting that generally ends in a draw though – a massive 7 of the last 10 meetings today have ended all square, but, of course, in this cup game there will be extra-time and penalties if needed here.
They are also generally cagey affairs too when these two teams play, with 10 of the last 12 going UNDER 2.5 GOALS – you can back less than 3 goals here at 2.00, which looks fair value, with Over 2.5 Goals on offer at 1.80.
United are also unbeaten in their last 7 home games against Liverpool, but it’s worth noting that both teams have scored in 5 of the last 6 meetings today at Old Trafford – a repeat of this can be backed at 1.61.
The scoring markets are dominated by the usual suspects. Liverpool’s Mane (6.00 1st), Salah (4.50 1st) and Firmino (7.50 1st) are all short in the betting, while United’s Rashford (7.00), Cavani (7.00) and Fernandes (7.00) are their main scoring threats.
As mentioned, team news will be key, but it’s hard seeing another 0-0 draw like last Sunday. Yes, a draw will be a very popular option too with 70% of the last 10 head-to-heads ending that way, but the ‘both teams to score’ market is how we are going to play this. You feel that once one of the sides breaks the deadlock, then the other will have nothing to lose with this being a cup competition and it could hopefully make for a more entertaining affair – we’ll see.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.61
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.
All trades and bets were streamed live on JuiceStorm TV which was was watched by 124,209 Betfair Traders in 2022.
All results for the 30,635 Betfair markets traded are here and the charts are here.
Top 50 Comments on JuiceStorm.com