- 2022 Coral-Eclipse Stakes Free Tips and Trends - June 26, 2022
- Front Runner Focus, finding back-to-lay horses - June 25, 2022
- Free Horse Racing Tips and Trends: Saturday 25th June 2022 - June 20, 2022
FA Cup 3rd Round
Monday 10th January 2022
Manchester United v Aston Villa 19:55
- Met 12 times in the FA Cup, Man Utd 10, Draws 0, A Vila 2
- Last FA Cup head-to-head, (2008, Villa 0-2 Man Utd)
- Last met (Prem, 2021), Man Utd 0-1 A Villa
- Man Utd are unbeaten in 18 of their last 19 (all comps) vs Villa
- 5 of the last 8 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Man Utd have won 13 of their last 16 vs Villa
- 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Man Utd have won 7 of their last 9 home league games vs Villa
- 2 DRAWS in the last 15 head-to-heads
- Fernandes (Man Utd) has scored a penalty in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
After a recent 0-1 home league defeat against Wolves, the trouble at Manchester United continue and, with that in mind, Aston Villa certainly won’t be worried heading to Old Trafford for this FA Cup Third Round clash.
United, who has won the FA Cup 12 times, are just two behind Arsenal (14) in the all time hall of fame and with the Red Devils now out of the title race, this competition will be one of their last chances of getting some silverware this season.
Villa, don’t actually have a bad record in this competition either with 7 wins in their history – but the last of those came in 1957, while they last got to the final in the 1999-20 season – losing to Chelsea.
The match betting ahead of the game still, however, sees United as low as 1.53, with the Draw 4.33 and Aston Villa at 6.00. United are also as short as 1.25 to qualify, with Villa at 3.75.
The sides have met 12 times in the FA Cup too, with United holding a clear edge with 10 wins, to Villa’s 2 and there have been no draws – they last met in this competition in 2008, with United winning 0-2 at Villa Park.
Villa fans will, however, gain confidence that they beat United 0-1 here at Old Trafford in the league earlier this season.
Having said that, this season’s recent league defeat was United’s first in their last 19 (all comps) against Villa, while the Red Devils have actually won 13 of their last 16 against Villa.
With 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads going OVER 2.5 GOALS, then this might appeal at 1.80, while it’s interesting that United’s Bruno Fernandes has scored a penalty in 3 of the last 4 meetings between then sides – the Portuguese man is 7.50 (1st) or 3.10 (anytime).
Looking at the Villa players, Danny Ings is 9.00 (1st) or 3.60 (anytime), with Ollie Watkins 11.00 (1st) or 4.33 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a tricky game to get involved in. Yes, with home advantage and a good record over Villa in recent years, then United should be expected to win this really. However, at 1.53 they are very short in the match betting, considering they come into the game with a lot of issues.
Therefore, the safer option might be to side with goals here – the Over 2.5 Goals option is on offer at 1.80 and has paid out in 80% of their last five head-to-heads.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.80