- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Saturday 16th April 2022
FA Cup Semi-Final
Manchester City v Liverpool 15:30
- Already met this season in the league, Liverpool 2-2 Man City & Man City 2-2 Liverpool
- Met 7 times in the FA Cup, Man City 2, Draws 2, Liverpool 3
- Last met in the FA Cup in 2003, Man City 0-1 Liverpool
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 15 of their last 19 vs Man City (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 10 of the last 14 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Man City have lost just 1 of their last 9 vs Liverpool (all comps)
- Mo Salah (Liverpool) has scored 7 goals in the last 12 head-to-heads
- 10 of the last 13 head-to-heads (all comps) went OVER 2.5 GOALS (inc 5 of the last 6)
- 3 DRAWS in the last 4 head-to-heads (5 in the last 9)
After last weekend’s epic Premier League battle that ended in a 2-2 draw, these two heavyweight sides – Man City and Liverpool – are back for more this Saturday – this time in the FA Cup semi-final.
Those that watched the recent game last Sunday would probably agree that Man City will be kicking themselves they didn’t gain all three points – they had the best of the chances but just failed to convert more than two.
Whereas, it seemed Liverpool only had a handful of scoring opportunities but took them well to earn the draw.
At a neutral venue then this might even things up more and in a one-off game then a draw isn’t really any good to either side with still plenty more football to be played in the league and Europe for them both.
The 90 min match betting sees Man City at 2.25, the Draw 3.20 and Liverpool at 3.30, while City are 1.61 to qualify and Liverpool 2.20.
The sides have faced-off 7 times in the FA Cup before, with City having 2 wins and Liverpool 3 (2 draws), with the last of those clashes coming in 2003 – a game Liverpool won 0-1 thanks to a Danny Murphy penalty.
After the recent 2-2 draw – which was the second 2-2 stalemate in as many games by the way, Liverpool head into the clash unbeaten in 15 of their last 19 vs City – you can back 2-2 again here at 11.00.
However, City have also only lost 1 of their last 9 vs Liverpool – which is why we’ve seen 3 draws in the last 4 clashes too.
Both teams have scored in 10 of the last 14 meetings today – this can be backed at 1.53, while 10 of the last 13 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS, you can back 3+ goals in the game at 1.72.
Finally, looking at the scoring markets, despite not scoring in the last clash – Liverpool’s Mo Salah has netted 7 times in the last 12 he’s played against Man City. You can back the Egyptian forward at 6.50 (1st) or 2.50 (anytime).
Overall, in a game that looks all set up to be another cracker, we can hopefully expect plenty of goals again. The 2-2 option is sure to be popular again and even though we feel City will just edge it (based on how they dominated last Sunday), the Over 2.50 Goals option looks fair value at 1.72 and is how we are going to tackle this ‘must-see’ FA Cup Semi on Saturday.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.72
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.