- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Sunday 17th January 2021
Liverpool v Manchester United 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd
- Liverpool took 4 points off Man Utd last season
- 2 of the last 4 repeat fixtures ended 0-0
- 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads ended in DRAWS (all comps)
- 9 of the last 11 head-to-heads (all comps) went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads ended 1-1 or 0-0
- Man Utd are unbeaten in 10 of their last 12 league games vs Liverpool
- 5 of the last 7 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
A huge Premier League clash this Sunday as old rivals Manchester United travel to Anfield to face the current champions – Liverpool.
Both sides are very much in the title race, so three points here for either team would be huge.
The match betting suggests a home win for Liverpool with the Reds on offer at 1.90, with the draw 3.75 and United 3.60.
Last season’s repeat fixture ended in a 2-0 home win for Liverpool – a repeat of this scoreline can be backed at 11.00, but with two of the last four repeat fixtures also ending 0-0, then this draw scoreline is another to have in your sights at 13.00. While with 6 of the last 9 meetings today ending 1-1 or 0-0, then 1-1 is another score to note at 8.00.
In fact, draws have been a popular outcome when these sides play – 6 of the last 9 clashes have ended all square!
They are also generally low-scoring affairs with 9 of the last 11 head-to-heads going UNDER 2.5 GOALS – you can back a repeat of that at 2.10, with Over 2.5 Goals at 1.66.
Despite losing this fixture 2-0 last season, it’s also worth pointing out that Man Utd are actually unbeaten in 10 of their last 12 against Liverpool – you can back Man Utd/Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market at 1.80.
The scoring markets are dominated by the usual suspects. Liverpool’s Salah, who scored in this fixture last term, is 4.00 (1st) or 1.83 (anytime), with Mane 4.33 (1st) or 1.90 (anytime). Looking at United’s players – Martial is their shortest-priced at 7.50 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime), with Fernandes, wo is also their main penalty taker, at 8.00 (1st) or 3.10 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a fascinating game that will have a huge impact on the outcome of this seasons Premier League title – three points for either side will be huge. You feel the pressure is more on the champions – Liverpool – though after dropping points in recent league games.
With that in mind then draw appeals at 3.75, but we think the 1.80 on offer on either a draw or a United win in the ‘Double Chance’ market looks decent value, so this is how we’ll be playing this one.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: MAN UTD/DRAW ‘DOUBLE CHANCE @1.80
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.