- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Saturday 20th February 2021
Liverpool v Everton 17:30
- Already played this season, Everton 2-2 Liverpool
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 5-2 Everton
- 5 of the last 7 league head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 23 vs Everton (all comps)
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 20 home league games vs Everton
- Everton last beat Liverpool away in the league in 1999
- 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- 11 DRAWS in the last 19 head-to-heads
- Liverpool have scored in 13 of their last 17 vs Everton
- 4 of the last 4 league head-to-heads ended 0-0
- This season’s head-to-head saw a RED CARD (Everton)
Having lost their last three league games, it’s certainly starting to look like ‘crisis time’ for the current Premier League champions – Liverpool – and things don’t get an easier as next up they’ve got their bitter rivals Everton travelling to Anfield.
Therefore, you could certainly argue there has never been a better time to face Liverpool and their long-standing unbeaten home league record looks a distant memory now.
Having said that, Everton also head here off the back of a defeat – having lost at home to Fulham, so it’s going to be a tricky game to call with both sides certainly a bit low in confidence at the moment.
The bookmakers are still giving nothing away though and make Liverpool the clear 1.50 favourites still, with the draw 4.33 and Everton as big as 6.00.
The sides have also already met this season and that ended in a controversial 2-2 draw – the game that saw a red card for Everton’s Richarlison, plus that long-term injury to Virgil van Dijk.
This head-to-head does have a habit of ending all square though – a massive 5 of the last 7 have finished drawn, while 11 of the last 19 also saw each team take a point.
Did you know – three of the last 6 league meetings today ended 0-0? You can back this at 15.00
Having said that, Liverpool also rarely lose to their neighbours – the Reds are currently unbeaten in their last 23 against the Toffees, with Everton last beating Liverpool away in the league in 1999.
Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 7 meetings today, so this might appeal at 2.05, while 6 of the last 9 clashes saw Under 2.5 goals – this is on offer at 2.30.
The usual suspects will be popular in the scoring markets – Liverpool’s Salah is 3.40 (1st) or 1.57 (anytime), with Mane 4.50 (1st) or 1.90 (anytime). While Everton’s Calvert-Lewin is their main man at 8.00 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime), but make sure you check the team news as he didn’t feature in their last game.
Overall, it’s a game both sides need a win in to get back on track, but in their current form it’s also a hard one to predict. Expect Everton – as always – to make life hard for the champions and there is sure to be a bit of boil over from the last game that had a red card.
Liverpool look far too short at 1.50, so the 2.50 option in the ‘Double Chance’ market on either an Everton win or Draw might represent better value – especially, as mentioned, we do tend to get a lot of draws when these teams play.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: EVERTON/DRAW ‘DOUBLE CHANCE’ @2.50
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.