- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Liverpool v Crystal Palace 16:00
Sunday 23rd May 2021
- Already played this season, Palace 0-7 Liverpool
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 4-0 Palace
- 2 of the last 5 head-to-heads have seen RED CARDS (1 each)
- Liverpool have won their last 7 vs Palace
- Palace have won 3 of their last 6 away league games vs Liverpool
- Both teams have scored in 13 of the last 16 head-to-heads
- 15 of the last 17 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 1 DRAW in the last 20 head-to-heads
- Palace have scored just 1 goal in their last 3 vs Liverpool
- 7 of the last 9 repeat league fixtures saw both teams score
- 8 of the last 9 repeat league fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Mane (Liverpool) has scored in all of the last 7 head-to-heads
The final Premier League game of the 2020-21 season for both Liverpool and Crystal Palace and one of the few matches on this last match day that has a meaning.
Yes, with Man City already crowned champions and Sheff Utd, West Brom and Fulham all relegated, then all that’s left to play for is the ‘top four’ places.
With Chelsea in third on 67 points, Liverpool in 4th on 66 points and Leicester just behind them on goal difference in 5th with 66 points too, then there are a lot of permutations for the trio.
Chelsea are away to Villa, Leicester are at home to Spurs, while Liverpool arguably have the easiest match being at home to Crystal Palace.
Liverpool, have a 4-goal cushion over Leicester in the ‘goal difference’ stakes, so unless Leicester thump Spurs, the Reds will know that a win over Palace should secure a ‘top four’ place for them.
The match betting for the Liverpool v Palace game suggests this will be straight forward for last season’s champions, with Liverpool at 1.14, the Draw 8.50 and Palace at 15.00.
Palace fans will also be aware that Liverpool thrashed them earlier this season 0-7 at Selhurst Park and this repeat fixture last term ended in a 4-0 comfortable win for Liverpool too.
In fact, Liverpool have won their last seven games vs Palace.
However, there is a bit of hope for the Eagles as with this being manager Roy Hodgson’s last game in charge and also taking on one of his former clubs, then we can expect the visitors to be up for this.
Palace have also won 3 of their last 6 away games at Liverpool.
It’s generally a game that we see plenty of goals in too. I’ve already mentioned the 0-7 win for Liverpool this season, but a massive 15 of the last 17 head-to-heads have gone Over 2.5 goals, while 13 of the last 16 have seen both teams score. You can back 3+ goals in the game at just 1.36 though, so ‘both teams to score’ might be the better option at 2.00.
If you want a bit better value, then Over 3.5 goals at 1.90 might appeal, while Over 4.5 goals is 3.20.
7 of the last 9 repeat fixtures saw both teams score and 8 of those 9 also saw over 2.5 goals.
With only one DRAW in the last 20 meetings today, it’s a clash that often gets a result for one of the sides, but it’s also a game that’s seen two RED CARDS in the last 5 meetings today – you can back a red card in the game at 5.50.
Overall, it’s a game that Liverpool needs to win really – yes, a draw might still be good enough to get a top four place, but they’ve need Leicester to lose or draw too in their game against Spurs.
So, we can expect with so much at stake here for Liverpool to come out ‘all guns blazing’ and even though this is a far cry from last season, when they were celebrating the title, they have ended this campaign well and should get all three points here.
But, at 1.14, they are no value in the match betting, so we’ll take Palace to get on the scoresheet here too and side with ‘both teams to score’ at 2.00.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @2.00
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.