- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Thursday 21st January 2021
Liverpool v Burnley 20:00
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 1-1 Burnley
- Liverpool took 4 points off Burnley last season
- Liverpool have won 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- Liverpool are unbeaten in the last 7 head-to-heads
- Firmino (Liverpool) has scored 4 in the last 5 head-to-heads
- Mane (Liverpool) has scored 4 in the last 5 head-to-heads
- 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 6 of the last 7 head-to-heads
- Liverpool have scored 2+ goals in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- Liverpool have never lost at home to Burnley in the Premier League (6 games)
- Burnley last beat Liverpool away in 1974
I think it’s fair to say the Premier League champions – Liverpool – are having a bit of a wobble.
Klopp’s side have now failed to score in their last three Premier League games and barring Man Utd in their last time, it’s a bit worrying that they couldn’t find the back of the net against the likes of Newcastle and Southampton – maybe teams are starting to figure them out.
They score a lot of goals with assists from their fullbacks, so it’s no shock that a lot of the shrewd managers taking them on have targeted this area to try and stop them playing – it could be working.
However, next up for Liverpool is to host Burnley at Anfield on Thursday night and really this looks a perfect game for the Reds to get back to winning ways. Anything other than a win here and their title chances will take a real dent and it will be uphill for the last four months of so for them.
The match betting suggests an easy 3 points for the home side, with Liverpool 1.16, the draw 7.50 and Burnley as big as 16.00.
However, there is hope for the visitors – this repeat fixture last season ended 1-1, but that said Burnley last beat Liverpool away in 1974!
The Reds are unbeaten in their last 7 vs Burnley (winning 4 of the last 5) too and have scored 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 clashes with Burnley.
With 5 of the last 7 meetings today seeing OVER 2.5 GOALS, then these fixtures tends to see goals, but the way Liverpool are struggling in front of goal at the moment then a word of caution here – you can back 3+ goals at 1.50.
Both teams have netted in 6 of the last 7 head-to-heads too – this can be backed at 2.20 – while in terms of Liverpool personnel that have a good record of scoring against The Clarets, then look no further than Firmino and Mane – they’ve both scored in 4 of the last 5 clashes. You can back Firmino at 5.00 (1st) or 2.00 (anytime), with Mane 4.00 (1st) or 1.72 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a game that you’d expect a comfortable win for Liverpool, but you just get the sense they are under a bit of pressure at the moment. Burnley are sure to make life hard for them and with Liverpool’s lack of scoring at present then that further adds to making this game tricky.
With Firmino and Mane both having good records when playing Burnley then we’ll take a chance on one of them netting the opener.
JUICESTORM BEST BET:
MANE TO SCORE FIRST @4.00
FIRMINO TO SCORE FIRST @5.00
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.