Monday 28th September 2020
Liverpool v Arsenal 20:15
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
- Met in the Community Shield this season too, Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
- 4 DRAWS in the last 7 head-to-heads
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 11 of their last 12 vs Arsenal
- The last 8 of the last 12 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- 13 of the last 16 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 7 DRAWS in the last 14 head-to-heads
- Both teams scored in 14 of the last 16 head-to-heads
- Liverpool are unbeaten in the last 7 repeat fixtures
- The last 7 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Firmino (Liverpool) has scored 8 in the last 11 head-to-heads
It’s possible they saved the best for last with the ‘week three’ Premier League fixtures as Liverpool host Arsenal at Anfield.
It’s a game that the current champions – Liverpool – won 3-1 last season, so a repeat of that score might tempt you in at around 12.00, but don’t forget the current bragging rights sit with Arsenal, who after a 1-1 draw, beat Liverpool on penalties in the Community Shield recently.
The match betting suggests and easy three points for Liverpool, with The Reds on offer at 1.45, the draw 4.75 and Arsenal 6.50, but with 4 draws in the last 7 head-to-heads then this stat can’t be overlooked.
Having said that, Liverpool are unbeaten in 11 of their last 12 against the Gunners and haven’t lost to Arsenal in the last seven repeat fixtures.
The last seven repeat fixtures also saw OVER 2.5 GOALS, while 13 of the last 16 (81%) overall head-to-heads also had 3+ goals scored. With that in mind, the 1.53 on OVER 2.5 GOALS looks a solid option, albeit at a short price.
It could also pay to note that 8 of the last 12 games between these two sides actually went OVER 3.5 GOALS, so you might want to chance this at a slightly better 2.30.
But, at a slightly better 1.66 than the over 2.5 goals odds, the BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE market could be the way to play this one though. This bet has paid out in 14 of the last 16 clashes (88%), while with both sides having plenty of firepower up front then this further adds to confidence.
In terms of the scoring markets, Liverpool’s Salah and Mane will, of course, be popular, but it’s Firmino that’s loved playing against Arsenal – the Liverpool man has netted 8 times in the last 11 head-to-heads. He’s on offer at 6.00 (1st) or 2.30 (anytime).
The main Arsenal men in the scoring markets are Aubameyang at 6.50 (1st) or 2.40 (anytime) and Lacazette at a slightly bigger 8.00 (1st) or 2.87 (anytime).
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.66
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac