Tuesday 6th July 2021
Euro 2020 Semi-Final Betting Guide
Italy v Spain 20:00
- FIFA World Rankings, Italy 7, Spain 6
- Met 19 times, Spain 5, Draw 9, Italy 5
- Last met (World Cup Qual), 2017), Spain 3-0 Italy
- 2 of the last 4 head-to-heads ended 1-1
- 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads
- Spain are 13 games unbeaten
- Morata (Spain) is their current top scorer (20)
- Italy have won 12 of their last 13 games
- Italy are unbeaten in their last 32 games
- Italy have not conceded in open play in their last 13 games
- 5 of Italy’s last 7 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 12 of Italy’s last 13 games
- Immobile (Italy) and Belotti (Italy) are their current top scorers (12)
In terms of the Euros, it doesn’t get much bigger than this as Italy and Spain lock horns for the first of the Semi-Finals on Tuesday night (6th July 2021).
Both sides have caught the eye during the tournament, but it’s Italy that head into the game with the much more solid profile – they’ve still not let a goal in from open-play in the competition and going forward they’ve shown they can score goals too – they’ve netted 11 so far!
In contrast, Spain has excelled by scoring 5 past both Croatia and Slovakia, but have also recorded three draws against Sweden, Poland and last time out against Switzerland in the Qtr-final – with that game needing penalties to settle it.
Looking at the world FIFA rankings and the past head-to-head record there is very little between the nations too. Italy are ranked 7th in the world, with Spain just ahead at 6th, while the previous meetings could not be more even, with 19 past clashes – 5 wins each and 9 draws!
This one could be time to get the trusted coin out – with cases for both nations to win the game and reach the Wembley final.
The 90mins match betting just favours Italy at 2.50, with the Draw 3.20 and Spain 3.00, with the outright market seeing Italy 1.75 and Spain 2.00.
Spanish fans will gain confidence in knowing the last clash ended 3-0 to Spain, while with two of the last four meetings ending 1-1, this might be an option to have on your radar at 6.50.
5 of the last 6 meetings did, however, go UNDER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.61, while both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 7 clashes. A clean sheet for one of both teams is at 1.80.
However, for us, Italy look the more solid at the back at the moment and it’s hard to fault their impressive record at the moment of being 32 games unbeaten. They’ve also not conceded a goal from open-play in their last 13 and won 12 of their last 13.
Yes, Spain are unbeaten in their last 13, but have also had three draws in this competition and with their last game going to extra-time and penalties this wouldn’t have been ideal preparation for meeting Italy just 4 days later.
Italy have certainly been the side that’s caught the eye the most in this competition – they play at a fast pace, can score goals and just like past top Italian sides are very very solid at the back – they simply love defending and celebrate top blocks that prevent goals like they’ve netted at the other end!
Therefore, the 1.75 on Italy to qualify here looks a fair price and this is how we’re going to play this one – just like we did in the previous round.
Enjoy the game!
JUICESTORM VERDICT: ITALY TO QUALIFY @1.75