- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
UEFA Nations League
Saturday 5th September 2020
Iceland v England 17:00
- Met twice before, England 1, Draws 0, Iceland 1
- Last met, June 2016 (Euro), England 1-2 Iceland
- Both previous head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS and BOTH TEAMS SCORED
- England have won their last 3 games ‘to nil’
- England have lost just 1 of their last 7 games
- England have scored 17 goals in their last 3 games
- 12 of England’s last 13 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Iceland are unbeaten in their last 3 games
- 3 of Iceland’s last 4 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 3 of Iceland’s last 4 head-to-heads
England have a bit of a score to settle with Iceland, who recorded a shock 2-1 win over the Three Lions back in Euro 2016.
In total, the sides have only met twice before and the head-to-head record stands at one win each and no draws. The only other clash saw England thump Iceland 6-1 back in 2004 with Wayne Rooney and Darius Vassell both grabbing braces.
They lock horns again this Saturday for a UEFA Nations League match, with the match betting favouring England, despite being away. Iceland are on offer at 13.00, Draw 5.25 and England as low as 1.25.
The sides both come into the game in fair form too – Iceland are unbeaten in their last three, while England have lost only one of their last seven – plus have won their last three games ‘to nil’. A repeat of England winning without conceding is on offer at 1.80.
England games generally produce goals at the moment too – a massive 12 of their last 13 matches have seen OVER 2.5 GOALS, so this option at 1.80 attractive with this bet paying out a massive 92% in recent games.
The Three Lions have netted a massive 17 goals in their last three games too and scored 4+ times in 5 of their last 6.
However, a small word of caution here as 3 of Iceland’s last 4 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS, while both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in those 4 last Iceland games either.
Looking at the scoring markets, England’s Harry Kane will, of course, be a popular choice to add to the 32 goals he’s already scored for his country. The England captain is on offer at 3.40 (1st) or 1.66 (anytime) and has scored 5 goals in England’s last three games. Raheem Sterling is another England man to note – he’s 5.00 (1st) or 2.20 (anytime) – the Man City man has netted in three of England’s last seven games.
Overall, it might be foolish to underestimate Iceland as they head into the game in good order and the Three Lions came away with egg on their face when playing them last time.
However, Southgate’s men have been scoring goals for fun in recent games and we think it will be more of the same here, with OVER 2.5 GOALS the way we are going to play this game – a bet that’s paid out in 92% of England’s last 13 games!
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.80
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.
All trades and bets were streamed live on JuiceStorm TV which was was watched by 124,209 Betfair Traders in 2022.
All results for the 30,635 Betfair markets traded are here and the charts are here.
Top 50 Comments on JuiceStorm.com