- York Ebor Festival Trends & Tips: Thurs 18th August 2022 - August 17, 2022
- York Ebor Festival Trends & Tips: Fri 19th August 2022 - August 17, 2022
- York Ebor Festival Trends & Tips: Weds 17th August 2022 - August 17, 2022
Liverpool, who are also in the up-coming Champions League Final, head to Wembley to take on Chelsea this Saturday in a bid to keep their quadruple dreams alive – they’ve won the FA Cup seven times.
Chelsea will be hoping to win the FA Cup for a nineth time and also go one better than last season when they lost in the final to Leicester.
FA Cup Final Head-to-Head Stats
Saturday 14th May 2022
Chelsea v Liverpool 16:45
- Met in the FA Cup 11 times, Liverpool 4, Draws 0, Chelsea 7
- Liverpool have won the FA Cup 7 times
- Chelsea have won the FA Cup 8 times
- Last met in the FA Cup, 2020 Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
- Already met this season in the league, Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea, Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool
- Also met in the EFL Cup Final (0-0, Liverpool won on pens)
- 11 of the last 15 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 12 of the last 16 league head-to-heads
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 4 vs Liverpool (all comps)
- The last 3 head-to-heads (all comps) ended in DRAWS
- 2 RED CARDS in the last 5 head-to-heads (both Chelsea)
- Mane (Liverpool) has scored 3 goals in the last 4 league head-to-heads
- Salah (Liverpool) has scored in the last 2 league head-to-heads
It’s a busy time for Liverpool at the moment as they continue to chase a famous quadruple.
They’ve already bagged the EFL Cup, are in the final for the Champions League and in with a shout in the league – but next up is the FA Cup Final against Chelsea this Saturday.
The sides met at the end of Feb in the EFL Cup Final at Wembley and that ended in a 0-0 draw, with Liverpool eventually winning a dramatic penalty shootout 11-10.
The 90 mins match betting ahead of the game sees Liverpool as the favourites at 1.95, the Draw 3.60 and Chelsea at 3.75. While the outright (to lift the cup) betting is Liverpool 1.50 and Chelsea 2.62.
So, having played in the EFL Cup and twice in the league already this season the sides are more than familiar with each other – but all three clashes this term have ended in draws with the league meetings 1-1 and 2-2.
With that in mind, we could be in for another tight and cagey game but with Chelsea coming into the game 4 games unbeaten against Liverpool then the Blues will gain some hope – you can back Chelsea or the draw in the ‘double chance’ market at 1.80.
They also last met in the FA Cup in 2020 and that saw Chelsea win 2-0, while their overall head-to-head record in this competition sees Liverpool behind 7-4.
With 8 FA Cup wins, the if Chelsea win they will take third in the all time FA Cup hall of fame, with only Man Utd (12) and Arsenal (14) ahead of them.
Liverpool last won the cup in 2006 and currently have 7 FA Cup wins to their name.
With 11 of the last 15 (73%) meetings between Liverpool and Chelsea going Under 2.5 Goals, then another tight clash could be on the cards. You can back Under 2.5 Goals at 2.00.
Both teams have also scored in 12 of the last 16 league meetings (75%) – therefore, the 1.70 on both sides finding the back of the net is also sure to attract interest.
Team news is always key on this front, but having scored in midweek against Villa, Liverpool’s Mane is sure to figure and has scored 3 times in the last 4 head-to-heads vs Chelsea – he’s 7.00 (1st) or 2.87 (anyway).
Salah also has a fair record against his former club – scoring in the last 2 league clashes – the Egyptian is on offer at 5.00 (1st) or 2.20 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a game that slightly more pressure will be on Liverpool as the fans are now within touching distance of a famous quad, while this is Chelsea’s last chance of getting something out of their season.
Another tight low-scoring game is probably the call, but we are happy to side with both teams to score at 1.70. The thinking here is that in a game like this, if one side goes behind there is absolutely nothing to lose for the other to gamble on getting back into the game.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 1.70
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
In Q1 and Q2 of 2022 TradeHost is busier than ever and even more profitable with a whopping 12,271 Betfair markets traded.
All results for the 20,208 Betfair UK, IE & AU horse racing markets traded are here.