- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Saturday 20th March 2021
Sixth Round (Qtr Finals)
Everton v Manchester City 17:30
- Met in the FA Cup 10 times, Everton 4, Draw 3, Man City 3
- Already met in the league this season, Everton 1-3 Man City
- Last met in the FA Cup in 1981, Man City 3-1 Everton
- Both teams scored in 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads
- 7 of the last 10 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Man City have scored in 9 of their last 10 vs Everton
- Man City have won their last 6 vs Everton
- Jesus (Man City) has scored 7 goals in the last 6 head-to-heads
- Man City have lost just 1 of their last 11 vs Everton (all comps)
The focus for eight sides switches to the FA Cup this weekend as it’s Qtr-finals time!
Four intriguing games to take in, but we’ll take a look at the Everton v Man City clash on Saturday.
League leaders, Man City, are the outright favourites to land a seventh FA Cup at 2.37, with Chelsea next best at 4.50, Man Utd at 5.50, Leicester 11.00, Southampton 13.00, Everton 15.00, Sheff Utd 34.00 and Bournemouth at 51.00.
The match betting here suggests a win for the away side – Man City – with Everton at 8.50, the Draw 5.00 and Man City as short as 1.33.
While the outright betting here for this game is even more in favour of City at 1.14 and Everton 5.50. City have won their last 6 vs Everton too and lost only one of their last 11 (in all comps) to the Toffeemen.
However, Everton fans will gain some hope from the fact the sides have met 10 times in this competition before and they hold the upper hand with 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 wins to City.
They last faced-off in the FA Cup in 1981 and that ended in a 3-1 win for City.
They’ve also played in the league this season and – guess what? Yes, this also ended in a 3-1 win for Man City – therefore, this scoreline might be on your radar at 11.00.
It’s also often a clash that sees both teams score as 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads saw at least one goal for each side – this can be backed at 1.90.
With that in mind, it’s also no real shock to see that 70% of the last 10 meetings today have also produced OVER 2.5 GOALS – but this is on offer at a slightly less 1.57 in the betting.
Team news is always important when looking at the scoring markets – especially for City as their boss – Pep Guardiola – is always shuffling the pack. However, if their striker – Jesus – is playing then he’s got a good record when facing Everton – scoring a massive 7 goals in the last 6 head-to-heads.
Overall, it’s a game that most of us will expect City to breeze through – they’ve simply got too much firepower and class players even in reserve. But at 1.33 they are no price to risk in the match betting – and after all this is the FA Cup, so the formbook can often go out the window!
So, we’ll take a chance on Everton getting at least one goal in the game and side with ‘BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE’ at 1.90. The Merseysiders don’t have a lot to lose in going for it and they have enough of their own firepower up top to give City a few troubles in the game.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.90
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.