- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Saturday 3rd July 2021
2020 Euro Championships
Ukraine v England 20:00
- FIFA World Rankings, Ukraine 24, England 4
- Met 7 times, England 4, Draw 2, Ukraine 1
- Last met (World Cup, 2013), Ukraine 0-0 England
- The last 2 head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
- The last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Ukraine have scored just 1 goal in the last 3 head-to-heads
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 12 of England’s last 13 games
- England have not conceded in their last 6 games
- England are 10 games unbeaten
- 7 of England’s last 8 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Kane (England) is their current top scorer (35)
- Yarmolenko (Ukraine) is their current top scorer (38)
- Ukraine have lost just 2 of their last 10 games
- Ukraine have drawn 5 of their last 10 games 1-1
So, England ended a 55-year drought to beat Germany in a knockout tie after seeing them off 2-0 at Wembley on Tuesday night and the reward for that is Quarter Final clash with Ukraine on Saturday 3rd July.
The Three Lions do now, however, have to play away from their beloved Wembley for the first time in the tournament with this Qtr-final Euro 2020 clash being staged in Rome.
With that win over Germany, England were propelled to the top of the Euro 2020 outright market. And before any of the other Qtr-finals are played are around 2/1 to go all the way and finally back up the ‘football’s coming home’ chants that England supporters have be singing for decades!
The match betting ahead of the Ukraine game sees England as the clear favourites at 1.40, with the draw 4.50 and Ukraine 8.50.
Ukraine dug in well to see off Sweden in their last game, but the bad new for them was the game required a gruelling extra-time period, while they suffered several injuries on the night too. In short, the game is sure to have taken its toll on the Ukraine players and being in action only four days later isn’t ideal for them.
The nations have me seven times in the past, with England winning 4 and Ukraine just the one, with two draws. The last of those meetings today was back in 2013 in a World Cup qualifier and that ended 0-0 – the only two surviving members of the squad that day are Kyle Walker and a very young Raheem Sterling, who has so far been the main man for the Three Lions in this tournament with three goals.
Sterling is sure to figure again in this clash and despite having his doubters there will be plenty of punters willing to snap up the 6.00 (1st) or 2.62 (anytime) in the scoring markets. It was also ‘all smiles’ for England’s main striker Harry Kane, who got off the mark in the tournament with the second goal against Germany – the Spurs hitman is 3.60 (1st) or 1.83 (anytime).
England have not conceded in their last six games now and head here unbeaten in their last 10. However, despite the hard game Ukraine had last time, it’s still worth noting they’ve lost only two of their last 10 matches and draw five of those 1-1!
The last four head-to-heads also went UNDER 2.5 GOALS, while 7 of England’s last 8 matches also saw 2 or less goals scored. With that in mind, the Under 2.5 goals option at 1.80 is sure to be popular, plus with both teams ‘not’ scoring in 12 of England’s last 13 games this is another option at 1.57.
Overall, it’s a game that the Three Lions will fully be expected to win. Gareth Southgate seems to have a good vibe going with his squad and is proving his critics wrong with his starting eleven at the moment. The good news for England fans is that he’s still got the likes of Sancho, Bellingham, Mount and Foden in reserves in what looks a deep squad that could easily take England all the way in this competition.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS ‘NOT’ TO SCORE @1.57
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.