So, we are down to the last eight countries for the 2018 World Cup but with some big nations having already fallen by the wayside then the remaining teams must all fancy their chances to some degree.
England required penalties to get by Columbia in the last round, while Sweden beat Switzerland by a single goal to set-up a fascinating quarter-final clash between these two European countries.
England might have the FIFA Ranking edge being 12th, while Sweden are 24th but once we get to these knockout stages anything can happen.
They last met in 2012 and that resulted in a 4-2 win for Sweden, while it might pay to note that England have only beaten Sweden twice in the last fifteen head-to-heads.
The 90 mins match betting sees England as favourites at 1.90, with the Draw 3.40 and Sweden on offer a 4.75, while the ‘to qualify’ betting sees England 1.40 and Sweden at 3.00.
Three of the last four head-to-heads went Over 3.5 goals so you might be tempted in with the 5.00 on offer for a repeat but recent matches that the sides have been involved in against different opposition have gone the other way – with a lot less goals scored.
9 of Sweden and England’s last 12 games against other opposition saw less than three goals so the Under 2.5 Goals at 1.50 might be a safer option in what is likely to be a cagey affair.
Both Sweden and England have scored in 6 of the last 7 times they’ve faced each other too so both nations have decent records of finding the back of the net when matched-up. Both teams to score is on offer at 2.20.
Coming into the game England have lost just one of their last 14 matches, while Sweden have won only three of their last ten. However, Sweden do love a draw – 4 of their last 10 games have ended all-square, plus we’ve seen 8 stalemates in the last 15 match-ups between these two nations.
Harry Kane is obviously England’s main man in front of goal and is building up a terrific record since being handed the captain’s armband – he’s scored 19 goals during his England career now.
Danny Welbeck hasn’t featured much in the World Cup for England so far but he’s netted in the last two Three Lion games against Sweden so if used off the bench might be a man to have on your radar too.
Looking at Sweden it’s Marcus Berg that leads the way for them with 18 goals.
Kane is on offer at 3.75 to score first, or 2.05 anytime, while Berg can be backed at 9.50 (1st) or 4.50 anytime.
Don’t forget this game might also require extra-time, or even penalties and with Sweden the masters of the draw that certainly isn’t out of the question. England can be backed at 9.50 and Sweden 19.00 to win in extra-time, while both are 11.00 to get the job done on pens.
It’s expected to be a tight game but despite looking shattered in the last game we still think England will be buzzing from that recent win and can see off Sweden inside the 90 mins – snap-up the 1.90.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: ENGLAND TO WIN (90mins) @ 1.90
Saturday 7th July 2018
England v Sweden 15:00
– Met 24 times before, England 8, Draws 9, Sweden 7
– Last met (2012), Sweden 4-2 England
– FIFA World Rankings, England 12, Sweden 24
– 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
– England have won just 2 of their last 15 vs Sweden
– 8 draws in the last 15 head-to-heads
– Both teams scored in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
– Danny Welbeck (England) has scored in the last 2 head-to-heads
– England have scored in 6 of their last 7 vs Sweden
– Sweden have scored in 6 of their last 7 vs England
– England have lost just 1 of their last 14 matches
– England have let in 6 goals in their last 12 matches
– 9 of England’s last 12 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of England’s last 14 games
– Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (19 goals)
– Sweden have drawn 4 of their last 10 games
– 9 of Sweden’s last 12 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Sweden have won just 3 of their last 10 games
– Marcus Berg is Sweden’s current top scorer (18 goals)
Crypto And Forex Trading Seminars
The 2020 JuiceStorm Automated Crypto And FX Trading Seminar Is On Saturday 1st February 2020.
Don’t fancy waiting that long?
The Digitex University is now open and visiting a city near you – vote for your country today. Learn to trade crypto and other markets – both manual and automated.
80% of private investors trade the wrong way and that is why they lose money trading. Worse still, they spend thousands with “teachers” – mostly charlatans who have been sacked, failed in finance or are just internet marketers.
If anyone wants to learn to trade, then speak to someone who is legally responsible for managing other people’s money. And has been doing it, profitably, for a very long time.