- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
England v Poland
World Cup Qualifier
Wednesday 31st March 2021, 7:45pm
- FIFA World Rankings, England 4, Poland 19
- Met 19 times before, England 11, Draws 7, Poland 1
- Last met, World Cup Qual 2013, England 2-0 Poland
- Both teams scored in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
- England have won their last 7 home games vs Poland
- England have just 2 of their last 13 games
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 9 of England’s last 10 games
- 5 of the last 8 England games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 11 of England’s last 16 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- England have kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 10 games
- Poland have won 4 of their last 6 games
- Poland’s last 3 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Poland have scored 3 goals in their last 2 games
- Lewandowski (Poland) has scored 3 goals in their last 2 games
More World Cup Qualifiers this midweek and all eyes will be on England again as the Three Lions entertain Poland in their latest fixture.
England head into the game full of confidence after 5-0 and 2-0 wins over San Marino and Albania, but you feel of these three clashes they are getting progressively harder opposition with Poland up next.
Poland are ranked 19th in the FIFA table and certainly won’t be a pushover for Gareth Southgate’s side. They come into the match off the back of a solid 3-3 away draw at Hungary, plus an easy 3-0 home win over Andorra.
The sides have met 19 times in the past though and it’s England that have the much better head-to-head record with 11 wins, while Poland have recorded just one win over the Three Lions, with 7 draws.
The match betting suggests a home win too, with England at 1.40, the Draw 4.75 and Poland 7.50.
It’s a game that England can expected to be tested, but with both sides scoring a lot at the moment then it could also be a clash that promises goals – the two sides have scored 13 goals between them in their last two games (England 7, Poland 6).
Both teams have found the back of the net too in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads, so this might appeal at 1.80 – but there is some caution here as 90% of England’s last 10 games saw both teams NOT score, with England keeping clean sheets in 7 of their last 10 games too.
However, with 11 of England’s last 16 games going Over 2.5 Goals, plus 3 of Poland’s last 4 games also seeing 3+ goals scored, then at 1.70 this might be another option.
As always team news ahead of the game will be key in the scoring markets, but England’s Harry Kane, who was on target in their last game and has no netted 32 times for his country will be popular, while Poland’s main man Robert Lewandowski, who has scored 3 goals in their last 2 games and recorded 61 goals for Poland from an incredible 112 caps.
Overall, it’s another game that we expect England to win and they can end this first round of World Cup Qualifying games with a maximum 9 points, but it will certainly be a tougher test than recent games.
It would certainly be no shock if Poland were to get on the scoresheet too – something they’ve managed in 5 of their last 6 games. So, even though England have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 10 games, we feel the BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE option here at 1.95 should give you a good run for your money.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.95
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.