- 2022 Coral-Eclipse Stakes Free Tips and Trends - June 26, 2022
- Front Runner Focus, finding back-to-lay horses - June 25, 2022
- Free Horse Racing Tips and Trends: Saturday 25th June 2022 - June 20, 2022
Saturday 11th June 2022
England v Italy 19:45
Recent Head-to-Head Stats
- Met 28 times before, England 8, Draws 10, Italy 10
- FIFA World Rankings, England 5, Italy 6
- Last played (Euro Champs, July 21) Italy 1-1 England (Italy won 3-2 on pens)
- The last 3 head-to-heads ended 1-1 (90 mins)
- Italy have lost just 1 of their last 9 vs England
- 4 DRAWS in the last 6 head-to-heads
- 8 of the last 11 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in the last 5 head-to-heads
- England have conceded just 7 goals in their last 20 games
- 5 of England’s last 8 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both DIDN’T score in 14 of England’s last 20 games
- England have lost just one of their last 24 games (90 mins)
- England have won 14 of their last 22 games ‘to nil’
- Kane (England) is their current top scorer (50)
- 3 of Italy’s last 7 games ended in DRAWS
- Italy have conceded in ALL their last 5 games
- Both teams have scored in 3 of Italy’s last 4 games
Next up for England in this latest run of Nations League games is a home clash against Italy, who they last faced in the Euro 2020 Final – which was held last July.
That game ended 1-1 in 90 mins and then needed extra-time and finally penalties to settle the match, with Italy eventually winning 3-2.
Therefore, there will be some element of revenge here for Gareth Southgate’s side, but in more recent games need to bounce back from a 1-0 defeat at Hungary last weekend and then a midweek draw over Germany.
This Saturday’s game will be held at Molineux too – the home ground of Wolverhampton Wanderers, plus it will also be behind closed doors as the FA was hit with sanctions following crowd issues then these sides met in the Euro 2020 Final last summer.
The match betting sees England at 1.75 to win the game, with the draw 3.50 and Italy at 4.75.
The FIFA Rankings see nothing between the sides too – with England 5th and Italy 6th – and this is backed up with the sides playing out three 1-1 draw in their last three clashes. You can back 1-1 in the correct score market at 7.00.
Italy have also only lost one of their last 9 vs England so come head here with the far better head-to-head record in recent years. You can back Italy/Draw in the ‘double chance’ market at 2.00 if you fancy the visitors to NOT lose here.
With 8 of the last 11 meetings going UNDER 2.5 GOALS this is another option at 1.66.
Both teams have scored in the last 5 meetings – this is on offer at 2.10 – plus both teams have also scored in 3 of Italy’s last 4 games.
Italy’s often tight defence has been under pressure in recent games, as they’ve conceded in ALL of their last five matches.
The Three Lions also head here having lost just one of their last 24 games in 90 mins – that game last Saturday to Hungary.
Harry Kane got England out of a hole again in their last game with a goal from the penalty spot to earn a 1-1 draw – he’s netted 50 goals from his 71 England caps which is a strike-rate of 70%. You can back the Spurs name at 2.60 (anytime) or 5.50 (1st).
Italy’s Lorenzo Pellegrini has scored in their last two games, so at 21.00 (1st) or 9.00 (anytime) the Roma based midfielder might be some value.
Overall, it’s got the hallmarks of being tight game with Italy coming here off the back of a recent 1-1 draw with Germany and a 2-1 win over Hungary last time.
Therefore, the UNDER 2.5 GOALS option here at 1.66 looks a safe call, while with the last three clashes all ended 1-1 then a small interest on this score can’t be ruled out either.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @1.66
JUICESTORM VERDICT: CORRECT SCORE 1-1 @ 7.00