England v Iceland 19:45
Wednesday 18th November 2020
- FIFA World Rankings, England 4, Iceland 39
- Met three times before, England 2, Draws 0, Iceland 1
- Last met, Sept 2020, Iceland 0-1 England
Last head-to-head saw 2 RED CARDS (1 for each side)
- Both teams scored in 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads
- 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 6 of England’s last 7 games
- England have lost 2 of their last 3 games
- 4 of England’s last 5 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 16 of England’s last 20 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Iceland’s last 6 games ALL went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Iceland have lost their last 4 games
- Both teams scored in 5 of Iceland’s last 6 games
Next up for Gareth Southgate’s England in this latest batch of Nations League games is a home clash with Iceland.
England head here on a bit of a recovery mission after losing to both Denmark and Belgium in their last two games in this competition but should be able to get back on track here as Iceland are bottom of the group on zero points (after 5 games) and head here having lost 2-1 to Denmark at the weekend.
Therefore, it’s no surprise to see England as short as 1.18 in the match betting market, with the draw 6.50 and Iceland as big as 15.00.
Having said that, England only just scrapped by Iceland 0-1 when the sides met back in September and Iceland also missed a late penalty in that game! A repeat of that 1-0 England win can be backed at 6.00.
While England fans will also remember Iceland’s famous win over the Three Lions at the 2016 European Championships.
We also saw two red cards in the last head-to-head (one each), so it will be interesting to see if there is any boil-over from that.
Other interesting stats in recent games that are worth noting are that 6 of England’s last 7 matches saw both teams NOT score – this is on offer at 1.50 – while 4 of England’s last 5 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.66.
With ALL of Iceland’s last 6 games also seeing 3+ goals scored, then this 1.66 looks fair value on a bet that’s paid out in 80% of England’s last 5 games and 100% in Iceland’s last six!
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.66
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac