- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Euro 2020 Championships
Tuesday 29th June 2021
England v Germany 17:00
- FIFA World Rankings, England 4, Germany 12
- Met 16 times, England 6, Draw 3, Germany 7
- Last met (Int Friendly, 2017), England 0-0 Germany
- Germany are unbeaten in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
- 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- England have failed to score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
- England are 9 games unbeaten
- 6 of England’s last 7 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 11 of England’s last 12 games
- England have not conceded in their last 5 games
- 7 of Germany’s last 10 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 5 of Germany’s last 6 games
- Germany have lost 2 of their last 8 games
- Kane (England) is their current top scorer (34)
Here we go again!
Old rivals England and Germany will face-off in the Euro 2020 Championships on Tuesday afternoon (5pm) and it’s set to be one of the matches of the tournament so far.
The sides, of course, have plenty of history over the years in these big tournaments but the current overall head-to-head stats couldn’t be much tighter – the countries have met 16 times, with England winning 6, Germany 7, with 3 draws.
Both sides have also not exactly set this tournament alight yet with both coming in for some criticism from their home fans and media.
That said, Germany did record an decent 4-2 win over Portugal last weekend, while England come into the game having not conceded in their last five games.
It’s also worth noting that England have had an extra day to prepare for this game having played last Tuesday, while Germany were last in action last Wednesday.
Just like the head-to-head stats, the 90 mins match betting is also tight. England are just edging it with most bookies at 2.55, with Germany 2.90 and the draw at 3.10.
England are also 1.80 to qualify, with Germany slightly bigger at 1.95.
The sides last met in 2017 in a Friendly and that ended 0-0, so the neutrals certainly won’t be hoping for a repeat of that, but if you do fancy a goalless repeat of the draw, you’ll be rewarded at 8.00.
The recent head-to-head record does favour the Germans though – they are unbeaten in 4 of their last 5 against England, while the Three Lions have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 against Germany.
With 3 of the last 4 clashed going Under 2.5 Goals, plus 6 of England’s last 7 games also seeing less than 3 goals scored, then the UNDER 2.5 GOALS at 1.66, with Over 2.5 goals at 2.20.
We’ve already mentioned England’s good defensive record at the moment and this is further backed up with both teams NOT scoring in 11 of England’s last 12 games. However, in contrast both teams have scored in 5 of Germany’s last 6 games.
Looking at the scoring markets, England’s Harry Kane is yet to get going in this tournament but he’s still sure to be popular in the scoring markets at 5.00 (1st) or 2.40 (anytime), while Raheem Sterling, who has scored in 2 of England’s last 3 games is another option at 8.50 (1st) or 3.75 (anytime).
The German’s main men are Gnabry (7.50, 1st or 3.40 anytime), Werner (8.00, 1st or 3.50 anytime) and Havertz, who scored in their last game against Hungary (8.50, 1st or 3.75).
When these sides play there has also been a habit of them going to extra-time or penalties, so if you fancy this to happen again, England and Germany are 11.00 to win in Extra time or 10.00 to win on pens.
Overall, it’s a must-see game and both teams will feel that a win here will give them a strong chance of getting to the final with this looking the slightly easier side of the draw.
Expect a tense game and expect plenty of drama, but it’s still a tricky match to call in terms of predicting the winner. Therefore, with England doing well in defence at the moment we’ll be playing this game by backing BOTH TEAMS ‘NOT’ TO SCORE @ 1.66.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS ‘NOT’ TO SCORE @1.66
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.