Tuesday 22nd June 2021
Euro 2020 Championships
England v Czech Rep 20:00
- FIFA World Rankings, England 4, Czech Rep 40
- Met 4 times, England 2, Draw 1, Czech Rep 1
- Last met 2019, (Euro Champ), Czech Rep 2-1 England 1
- The last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads
- England have scored in all 4 previous head-to-heads
- Raheem Sterling (England) has scored 3 goals in the last 2 head-to-heads
- Harry Kane (England) has scored in the last 2 head-to-heads
- England have won 7 of their last 8 games
- England have conceded just 1 goal in their last 8 games
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 10 of England’s last 11 games
- 5 of England’s last 6 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (34)
- Czech Rep are unbeaten in their last 3 games
- 8 of Czech Rep’s last 11 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Patrik Schick is Czech Rep’s current top scorer (10)
A massive Group D Euro 2020 game on Tuesday night as England host Czech Republic at Wembley.
Both sides head into the match with 4 points after a win and a draw each in their opening two games, so it will be a shock, regardless of the result, if they are not both qualifying.
A draw and it will be Czech Republic that tops the group, while a win for England and they win the group. The winners will of Group D will face the second team from Group F – Likely to be France, Portugal or Germany and that game will be played on Tuesday 29th June at Wembley.
However, if England finish second they will play the second team from Group E in Copenhagen on Monday 28th June.
Back to this game and the match betting sees England at 1.66 the draw 3.20 and Czech Republic at 7.00 – meaning England at the clear favourites to win this game, which is no shock considering there are 36 places between the sides based on the FIFA Rankings.
That said, the Three Lions were far from convincing in their last game that ended 0-0 against Scotland, so it will be interesting to see if manager Gareth Southgate tinkers with the side – many are concerned about Kane being out of form, while others are calling for Jack Grealish to be given a starting spot.
The Czech Republic though are certainly no back numbers here and saw off Scotland with a 2-0 win – something England couldn’t do, while the last time these nations met (2019) ended in a 2-1 win for the Czech Republic.
The last three head-to-heads between the teams saw OVER 2.5 GOALS, but a word of caution here as 5 of England’s last 6 matches went the other way with UNDER 2.5 GOALS, plus 8 of the Czech Republic’s last 11 games also saw 2 or less goals scored. You can back Over 2.5 Goals at 2.20 and Under 2.5 Goals at 1.66.
Looking at the scoring markets. England’s Raheem Sterling has scored three goals in the last two head-to-heads and is on offer at 7.50 (1st) or 3.25 (anytime), while Harry Kane – England’s top current scorer (34 goals), has scored in the last two head-to-heads – he’s 4.00 (1st) or 1.95 (anytime).
Overall a cagey game, but with both teams pretty much through to the knockout stages a lot will depend on if either side actually wants to win the group and face either, France, Germany or Portugal – on a plus, though the winners of this group play in London.
England – at 1.66 – also don’t look much value based on their last match, so with England no leaking many goals at the moment – they’ve let in just one goal in their last 8 games – then the Under 2.5 Goals at 1.66 might be the way to play this clash. This bet has paid out in 5 of England’s last 6 games and also in 8 of the Czech Republic’s last 11.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @1.66