- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Euro 2020 Championships
Sunday 13th June 2021
England v Croatia 14:00
- FIFA World Rankings, England 4, Croatia 14
- Met 10 times before, England 5, Draw 2, Croatia 3
- Last met (Nations League, 2018), England 2-1 Croatia
- 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads
- Croatia have scored in 8 of their last 9 vs England
- England have won their last 6 games
- England have conceded just 1 goal in their last 6 games
- 3 of England’s last 4 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (34)
- 4 of Croatia’s last 5 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 4 of Croatia’s last 5 games
England get their Euro 2020 Championships underway on Sunday with an opening group game against Croatia.
The sides have plenty of recent history too, with Croatia having beaten England 2-1 in the 2018 World Cup semi-finals, while slightly more recently England got their revenge with a 2-1 win in the Nations League.
It’s a tricky opening Group D game for the Three Lions, but with Scotland and Czech Republic also in their group, you feel this will be the hardest game for England. Therefore, you suspect a draw for either side would be taken, but it’s England that are the clear favourites in the match betting at 3.60, with England 1.66 and Croatia 5.50.
There are only 10 places separating the sides based on the FIFA rankings, while the two nations have met 10 times before with the current standings at England 5 wins, Croatia 3 wins and 2 draws.
The Overs/Unders market looks tricky too. Yes, 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads have gone OVER 2.5 GOALS, but 3 of England’s last 4 games went Under 2.5 Goals, while 4 of Croatia’s last 5 went Under 2.5 Goals too. You can back Over 2.5 Goals at 2.20 and Under at 1.66.
Both teams didn’t score in 4 of Croatia’s last 5 games too, but in contrast Croatia have scored in 8 of their last 9 vs England and each team have found the back of the net in 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads.
England’s captain – Harry Kane – will be popular in the scoring markets at 4.00 (1st) or 2.05 (anytime) – he’s netted 34 times for his country and is one of the leading players to land the golden boot at the tournament too.
Looking at the Croatia side, their Ivan Perisic is their current top scorer with 27 goals. The Inter midfielder is on offer at 12.00 (1st) or 5.00 (anytime).
England have been far from impressive with recent 1-0 wins over Austria and Romania, but in their defense have been playing with not their full starting eleven. They are likely to be stronger here, but Croatia will also be a much harder test for the Three Lions.
We feel England will get over the line, but a draw for either side isn’t the end of the world either. However, the ‘both teams to score’ option at 2.10 looks fair value. As mentioned, Croatia have found the back of the net in 8 of their last 9 vs England, while it would be a shock if Southgate’s men are not scoring at least one too.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @2.10
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.