- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
So, we now at the Qtr-finals stage of the 2018 World Cup and by the time Columbia and England face-off on Tuesday night we’ll know seven of the possible quarter-final sides with this being the final first stage knockout game.
The sides have met five times in the past and with England yet to lose (2 draws and 3 wins) then the Three Lions will head into the match with the upperhand based on those stats.
The last of those meetings today was, however, back in 2005 when England recorded a 3-2 win thanks to a hat-trick from Michael Owen.
Both sides have impressed in the earlier Group games and as a result have shortened in the outright betting markets – before any of these knockout games were played England were on offer at 8.50, with Columbia 23.00.
The FIFA World rankings suggest a tight game with England 12th and Colombia 16th but the 90 mins betting has England as the clear favourites at 2.10, with the draw 3.30 and Colombia 4.00.
England have lost just 1 of their last 13 games – that defeat being their most recent game against Belgium. However, with Southgate resting key players and giving others in his World Cup squad a chance to taste the tournament then it was a bit of a farce of a game with both sides having already qualified.
Colombia have tasted defeat in just one of their last seven and baring their opening group game defeat to Japan, where they had an early red card, the well-supported nation has caught the eye – winning their next two games to nil.
Harry Kane was rested for the last England game but with 5 goals already in the tournament and 18 for his country now then the Spurs striker will be Southgate’s first name on the team sheet – he’s 4.00 to score the game’s first goal, or 2.20 anytime.
Colombia’s Falcao is their main man in terms of scoring with 29 goals and at 7.00 (1st) or 3.40 (anytime) he’s sure to attract plenty of interest in these markets too.
Don’t forget, we are also now into the knockout stages so that could mean extra time, or even penalties. If you think the game will be a draw after 90 mins then you might be tempted into the method of victory prices with Columbia 17.00 and England 10.00 to win in extra-time, while Columbia are 11.00 and England 10.00 to win on penalties.
In the overs/unders markets it’s the under 2.5 option that is the clear favourite at 1.47, with 3+ goals on offer at 2.60.
However, the call here is for both teams NOT to score. 4 of Columbia’s last 5 games paid out on this bet, while both sides failed to find the back of the net in 8 of England’s last 13. With that in mind the 1.61 on one (or both) the teams not scoring inside 90 mins is how we are going to play this one.
With the strong Columbia support then we expect England to be in for a tough game but we also feel the Three Lions will have too much in the end for the South Americans so the 1.50 on offer on Southgate’s men to progress is also sure to be popular.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS ‘NOT’ TO SCORE @1.61
Tuesday 3rd July 2018
Columbia v England 19:00
– Met 5 times before, Colombia 0, Drawn 2, England 3
– Last met (2005), Colombia 2-3 England
– FIFA World Rankings, Colombia 16, England 12
– 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 3 of the previous 5 head-to-heads
– England have lost just 1 of their last 13 matches
– England have let in 5 goals in their last 11 matches
– 8 of England’s last 11 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of England’s last 13 games
– Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (18 goals)
– Columbia have lost just 1 of their last 7 games
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 4 of Columbia’s last 5 games
– 2 of Columbia’s last 5 games ended 0-0
– 5 of Columbia’s last 8 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Falcao is England’s current top scorer (29 goals)
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.