- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
With Belgium and England topping World Cup Group G after two wins each the sides are in-fact only separated by the FIFA Fair-play rule with both sides having scored 8 goals and conceded two! England just edge it – so that will mean the Three Lions would only need a draw here against Belgium to win the group………..as long as they don’t pick up shed loads of cards on the way!
Both sides have looked impressive and, therefore, still look to have leading chances of going all the way and remain two of just a handful of sides to head into the final round of group games with maximum points.
The match betting is a close one, with Belgium just edging it on 2.70, the Draw 3.00 and England 2.80.
However, when looking at the head-to-head stats it’s England that hold the far superior record. They’ve played each other 20 times, with England winning a staggering 15, 4 draws, while Belgium have beaten England just once!
They last met in 2012 and thanks to a Danny Welbeck goal the Three Lions recorded a 1-0 win, while England are unbeaten in their last 9 vs Belgium.
3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS so the 1.75 on offer on a low-scoring game might appeal, while both teams have scored in 5 of the last 7 clashes and with both sides in rude scoring form this looks another good option – also at 1.75.
Harry Kane can seemingly do no wrong at the moment so the England captain is sure to be popular again – he remains a leading fancy for the World Cup Golden boot after 5 goals already – he’s 2.10 to score anytime, or 4.50 first.
For Belgium, Hazard has been in good form so far in the tournament so the 7.50 (1st) or 3.20 (anytime) will appeal too, but it will be Man Utd’s Lukaku that heads the betting for them at 5.00 (1st) or 2.30 (anytime) – he’s already scored 4 this World Cup.
So, a fascinating game between two sides that we are still going to see a lot of in this tournament no matter what happens here.
Belgium head into the game unbeaten in their last 21, while England haven’t lost in 12. With that in mind the draw looks the safest call here. 0-0 could be firmly on the cards but with both teams having little to lose (both already qualified) then we may well see them both going for it with slightly different sides.
With that in mind, some of the new players will be keen to impress and should one side go a goal down this will further add to the theory they’ve not a lot to lose in seeking out an equaliser – BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE is, therefore, how we are going to play this one at 1.75.
Thursday 28th June 2018
England v Belgium 19:00
– Met 20 times before, Belgium 1, Draw 4, England 15
– Last met (2012), England 1-0 Belgium
– FIFA World Rankings, Belgium 3, England 12
– England have won 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads vs Belgium
– 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams scored in 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads
– 3 DRAWS in the last 7 head-to-heads
– England are unbeaten in their last 9 vs Belgium
– England are unbeaten in their last 12 matches
– England have let in just 4 goals in their last 10 matches
– 7 of England’s last 10 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of England’s last 12 games
– Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (18 goals)
– 5 of Belgium’s last 6 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of Belgium’s last 7 games
– Belgium have scored at least 3 goals in 5 of their last 6 games
– Belgium are unbeaten in their last 21 games
– Lukaku is Belgium’s current top scorer (33 goals)
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.