Sunday 28th November 2021
Chelsea v Manchester United 16:30
- Met 158 times in the league, Chelsea 45, Draws 50, Man Utd 63
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd
- Both league head-to-heads last season ended 0-0
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 7 of the last 8 repeat fixtures
- 8 DRAWS in the last 16 league fixtures
- Man Utd are unbeaten in 8 of their last 9 vs Chelsea (all comps)
- 10 of the last 15 league head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 9 of the last 13 league head-to-heads
- Chelsea have lost just 2 of their last 19 home league games vs Man Utd
- Chelsea have won 3 of the last 7 repeat fixtures ‘to nil’
- 5 of Chelsea’s last 7 home league games vs United went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
It’s been a tough week for Manchester United, having suffered a shock 4-1 away defeat at Watford and soon after the writing was on the wall for their boss – Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – who was sacked last Sunday.
So, while the Red Devils find a suitable replacement, former player Michael Carrick will be in charge and all eyes will be on their first league game since Solskjaer’s sacking – a tricky away trip to the league leaders – Chelsea.
The match betting ahead of the games sees Chelsea as the clear favourites at 1.53, with the draw 4.00 and Man United at 6.00.
Looking back to last season, this repeat clash ended at 0-0, while, in fact, both head-to-heads last term ended in goalless draws – you can back 0-0 again here at around 11.00.
It’s worth pointing out thought that Chelsea are unbeaten in 7 of their last 8 home league games against the Red Devils, but United don’t have a shabby record against the Londoners either – they are currently unbeaten in 8 of their 9 in all competitions.
Therefore, it’s no shock to see that 50% of the last 16 meetings have ended in DRAWS!
Other options to note are that 10 of the last 15 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS – this can be supported at 1.90, while both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 9 of the last 13 league head-to-heads – you can back this at 1.80.
The scoring markets are dominated by the usual suspects – Ronaldo (Man Utd) is at 7.50 (1st) or 3.10 (anytime), or Fernandes (Man Utd) is 15.00 (1st) or 6.00 (anytime). Looking at Chelsea, their former United man – Lukaku – is still out, but others have been chipping in with the goals – including fullbacks – Ben Chillwell and Reece James, who is their current top league scorer (4 goals) – Chilwell and James can both be backed at 21.00 (1st) or 8.00 (anytime).
Chelsea’s shortest-priced player in the scoring markets though is Kai Havertz, who is 5.50 (1st) or 2.40 (anytime).
But with home advantage and the fact Chelsea have lost only two of their last 19 home league games against Man Utd, then it looks a tricky game for Man Utd. They’ve also won 3 of the last 7 repeat fixtures ‘to nil’, so if you fancy a repeat of this happening, you can Chelsea to win without conceding at 2.50.
With United’s woes and Chelsea in red-hot form now, it could pay to keep this one simple and just opt for Chelsea to win at 1.53.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: CHELSEA WIN @1.53