Sunday 28th February 2021
Chelsea v Manchester United 16:30
- Already met this season, Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 6 of the last 7 repeat fixtures
- 7 DRAWS in the last 15 league fixtures
- Man Utd are unbeaten 7 of their last 8 vs Chelsea (all comps)
- 9 of the last 14 league head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 12 league head-to-heads
- Chelsea have lost just 2 of their last 18 home league games vs Man Utd
- Chelsea have won 3 of the last 6 repeat fixtures ‘to nil’
- 4 of Chelsea’s last 6 home league games vs United went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is insisting the title race isn’t over yet – but, let’s all be honest, it will be a huge shock if City are caught being 10 points clear ahead of this round of games.
That gap could even be 13 points by the time Chelsea and Man Utd face-off here with City playing on Saturday lunchtime.
But, Solskjaer has to say things like that to keep the fans and players onside and motivated – however, really the Red Devils are in a race for a top four place.
But the ‘good news’ is they are sitting okay for a top four finish and as things stand things on that front are in their hands – they started this weekend joint second with Leicester on 49 points.
In contrast, Chelsea began this week in fifth with 43 points so even though they are still very much in the mix for a top four finish they can’t afford to be dropping many more points.
The match betting sees Chelsea as the favourites here at 2.15, with the Draw 3.50 and Man Utd at 3.25, but with United coming here off the back of a smooth 3-1 win over Newcastle and Chelsea stuttering to a 1-1 draw at Southampton, then you’d say the momentum is currently with the Red Devils.
The sides have already played this season and that ended in a 0-0 draw – a repeat of that can be backed at 11.00, while in fact sharing the honours has been a popular outcome when these sides meet – 7 of the last 15 league clashes have ended all-square!
That said, the Blues are also unbeaten in 6 of the last 7 repeat fixtures, while United are unbeaten in 7 of their last 8 (all comps) over Chelsea – again, these two stats back up just how often the sides draw.
9 of the last 14 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.95 – while both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 12, this is on offer at 2.00.
Overall, it’s a game that the Draw will probably give you a good run for your money again. Another option here is in the halftime/fulltime market to back a team to be winning at HT and then FT Draw. Chelsea/ Draw and Man Utd/Draw are both 15.00.
But the safer call looks to be to side with UNDER 2.5 GOALS at 1.90 – this has been a bet that’s paid out in 4 of Chelsea’s last 6 home league games over United and in 9 of the last 14 meetings in total.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @1.90