- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Sunday 14th March 2021
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur 16:30
- Already met this season, Spurs 2-0 Arsenal
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 2-2 Spurs
- The last 3 of the last 6 repeat fixtures ended 1-1
- Spurs have won the last 2 head-to-heads
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last 9 repeat fixtures
- 10 of the last 14 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 league head-to-heads
- Harry Kane (Spurs) has scored 11 goals in the last 12 league head-to-heads
- Spurs have scored in 13 of their last 14 games vs Arsenal
- 6 DRAWS in the last 15 head-to-heads
- Arsenal have lost just twice at home to Spurs in the Premier League (28 games)
- Lacazette (Arsenal) has scored in 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads
One of the Premier League highlights for many fans, regardless if you support Arsenal or Tottenham, as we get set for another North London Derby this Sunday.
It’s always a fiery affair and with Jose Mourhino’s Spurs firmly in the race for a ‘top four’ finish and also in cracking form at the moment after a 4-1 home win over Crystal Palace last weekend, then it’s hard to see why the away side are the slight second favourites here.
In contrast, Arsenal are having another stuttering season and could only draw 1-1 with Burnley last Saturday – they start this round of games with 38 points, and you’d feel it’s going to be an uphill struggle for the Gunners to get anything from their league campaign this season.
The match betting sees Arsenal at 2.37, with the draw 3.50 and Spurs at 2.87.
The sides have also met already this season in the league and that ended in a 2-0 home win to Spurs, while this repeat fixture last term ended in a thrilling 2-2 draw. You can back that same 2-2 scoreline at 15.00.
However, it’s also worth noting that 50% of the last 6 repeat fixtures ended in 1-1 stalemates, so at 7.00 this correct score outcome is another to have on your radar.
Spurs have also won the last two head-to-heads, and the last time they lost to Arsenal was in Dec 2018 (6 games ago). That said, Gunners fans will respond by saying they are unbeaten in the last 9 repeat fixtures and have lost only twice at home to their bitter rivals in the Premier League – 28 games!
2 of the last three clashes have seen Over 2.5 goals, but going a bit further back with the overs/unders stats tells us that 10 of the last 14 (71%) actually were fairly low-scoring affairs and producing Under 2.5 Goals. You can back both Over 2.5 Goals and Under 2.5 Goals at around 1.90, so a very tight market.
Both teams have scored in 4 of the last 5 clashes too, so this is certainly another option to consider at 1.70 – Spurs have netted in 13 of their last 14 games over Arsenal too!
Looking at the scoring markets, Spurs’ Gareth Bale and Harry Kane are both in cracking form – they scored two each in their recent 4-1 over Palace – Kane is on offer at 4.00 (1st) or 1.90 (anytime), with Bale 8.00 (1st) or 3.25 (anytime). Son, who is probably due a goal, is 5.50 (1st) or 2.37 (anytime). Oh, and Kane has scored an incredible 11 goals in the last 12 league head-to-heads!
Looking at Arsenal, their Alexandre Lacazette has scored in 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads, so at 5.50 (1st) or 2.37 (anytime) he’s sure to be popular too.
Overall, it’s another fascinating clash that is sure to have it’s standard fiery moments. Spurs will be keen to continue their winning league run and maintain their challenge for a ‘top four’ finish and the current form of the sides suggest they are the value at around 2.87.
However, Arsenal rarely lose this fixture and you can expect them to be fully up for derailing their rivals chance of getting a Champions League slot. With that in mind, the BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE option at 1.70 is how we are going to play this North London Derby.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.70
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.