Sunday 26th September 2021
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur 16:30
- Met 168 times in the league, Arsenal 67, Draws 47, Tottenham 54
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 2-1 Spurs
- The last 3 of the last 7 repeat fixtures ended 1-1
- Spurs have lost just 1 of their last 6 vs Arsenal (all comps)
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last 10 repeat fixtures
- 10 of the last 15 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 6 league head-to-heads
- Harry Kane (Spurs) has scored 11 goals in the last 13 league head-to-heads
- Spurs have scored in 14 of their last 15 games vs Arsenal
- 6 DRAWS in the last 16 head-to-heads
- Arsenal have lost just twice at home to Spurs in the Premier League (29 games)
- Lacazette (Arsenal) has scored in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
It’s Premier League North London Derby time this Sunday as bitter rivals Arsenal welcome Tottenham to the Emirates Stadium.
So far this season it’s been contrasting starts for these clubs – Arsenal started woefully but have picked up in recent weeks, while Spurs have done the opposite – they started in flying form, but have lost their last two!
The match betting favours Arsenal at 2.25, with the draw 3.25 and Tottenham 3.20
This repeat fixture last season ended in a 2-1 home win for Arsenal – a repeat of this can be backed at 10.00, but it’s worth pointing out that Spurs head into this game having lost only one of their last six vs the Gunners in all competitions.
Having said that, Arsenal also have a good record in this fixture of not losing – they are unbeaten in the last 10.
Therefore, these last two stats indicate there’s been a lot of draws between the sides, which is correct. We’ve seen six stalemates in the last 16 head-to-heads.
They are normally tight affairs too – 10 of the last 15 clashes went UNDER 2.5 GOALS, which is on offer at 1.72, but, in contrast – both teams have a good record of scoring too with this paying out in 5 of the last 6 meeting. Both teams to find the back of the net is on offer around 1.80.
Looking at the scoring markets, Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette has a decent record when facing Spurs – he’s netted in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads. While it’s no shock that when looking at past scorers for Spurs that a certain Harry Kane has been their main man. The England captain has scored an incredible 11 goals in the last 13 head-to-heads.
Lacazette is on offer at 6.50 (1st) or 2.87 (anytime), while Kane is around 4.75 (1st) or 2.25 (anytime).
It’s a game that neither side will want to lose – Arsenal will want to keep their good recent league form up, while Spurs will be looking to get back to the form of their opening few games.
Both sides are hard to call these days – you could argue they both lack consistency and neither give you much confidence in terms of pinning your hopes on one or the other.
With that in mind, the draw at 3.25 is sure to be popular again, but we’ll opt for both teams to score at 1.80. Spurs have netted in 14 of their last 15 vs Arsenal, while with home advantage and the fact Spurs have leaked 6 goals in their last two league games suggests not all is well in their defence, which will give the Gunners hope of scoring too.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.80