Sunday 21st February 2021
Arsenal v Manchester City 16:30
- Already played this season, Man City 1-0 Arsenal
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 0-3 Man City
- Also met in the EFL Cup this season, Arsenal 1-4 Man City
- Man City have won their last 7 league head-to-heads vs Arsenal
- Man City are unbeaten in their last 10 league head-to-heads vs Arsenal
- 12 of the last 15 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Man City have scored at least 3 goals in 7 of their last 10 vs Arsenal (all comps)
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 6 league head-to-heads
- Man City have won 2 of the last 3 league head-to-heads 3-0
Next up for the former Premier League champions and current leaders – Man City – is a trip to the Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal.
The sides met earlier this season, which ended Man City 1-0 Arsenal, while this repeat fixture last season finished Arsenal 0-3 Man City.
They’ve also faced-off in the EFL Cup this season and, yes – you guessed it – that also resulted in a City win (1-4).
Therefore, it’s no surprise to see Man City as short as 1.50 in the match betting, with the draw 4.33 and Arsenal 6.50.
City also head here having won their last seven league head-to-heads against Arsenal and are unbeaten in their last 10 against the Gunners in the league.
This is normally a fixture that sees goals too – 12 of the last 15 head-to-heads have gone OVER 2.5 GOALS, so at an 80% return on this bet, even the 1.72 looks fair value.
City have also scored at least 3 goals in 7 of their last 10 against the Gunners – you can back City to net Over 2.5 Goals at 2.75.
Both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 5 of the last 6 clashes too – so this might be another option at 1.95.
Team news will be key if heading into the scoring markets – but Raheem Sterling has been in great form for City, so the 6.00 (1st) or 2.50 (anytime) looks tempting, while Sergio Aguero has been figuring again in recent games after a time on the sidelines, so if starting the 2.00 (anytime) or 4.50 (1st) might be value.
Looking at Arsenal, the in-form Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who scored three in his last game, is on offer at 7.50 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime), while Lacazette is 8.00 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime).
With Arsenal heading here off the back of a nice 4-2 win over Leeds last weekend, then confidence will be high, but it’s still hard to see beyond City getting all three points again here. As mentioned, it’s a game that generally produces goals, so the 1.72 on the OVER 2.5 GOALS is how we are going to play this one.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.72
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac