Sunday 25th October 2020
Arsenal v Leicester City 19:15
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 1-1 Leicester
- Leicester took 4 points off Arsenal last season
- Leicester are unbeaten in their last 3 league games vs Arsenal
- Arsenal have lost just 2 their last 30 vs Leicester (all comps)
- Arsenal have won 12 of their last 13 home league games vs Leicester
Arsenal have scored in 13 of their last 16 games vs Leicester
- Arsenal have NEVER lost at home to Leicester in the Premier League (14 games)
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 23 home league games vs Leicester
- Leicester last beat Arsenal at home in the league in 1973
- BOTH TEAMS have scored in 11 of the last 16 head-to-heads
- 4 DRAWS in the last 15 head-to-heads
- 11 of the last 14 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 5 of the last 12 repeat fixtures ended Arsenal 2-1 Leicester
- Jamie Vardy (Leicester) has scored 5 goals in the last 5 head-to-heads
- 3 RED CARDS in the last 6 head-to-heads (All Arsenal)
Another decent Premier League clash this Sunday night as past title winners Arsenal and Leicester lock horns at the Emirates Stadium.
Both teams come into the game off the back of 1-0 defeats from last weekend as Leicester were beaten by Aston Villa, while City saw off Arsenal.
Despite those defeats, Arsenal and Leicester are both doing okay in the league with 9 points each and only 4 points off the leaders, Everton, at the start of week six.
Leicester took 4 points off Arsenal last season and this fixture ended 1-1 – if you fancy a repeat of that scoreline, then you’ll be rewarded at odds of 7.50. But it could also pay to note that 5 of the last 12 (42%) repeat games ended Arsenal 2-1 Leicester – this is on offer at 9.50.
In fact, Leicester are also unbeaten in their last three league games against the Gunners, so that will give the Foxes some confidence.
Having said that, it’s still worth pointing out that Arsenal have lost just two of their last 30 games (all comps) against Leicester and won 12 of their last 13 home league games against the Foxes and unbeaten in their last 23 home league games against them.
Leicester last beat Arsenal away in the league in 1973!
Arsenal have also NEVER lost at home to Leicester in the Premier League (14 games) – if you like backing short odds, then with this home league record you might be tempted by the 1.28 on offer on Arsenal/Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market.
Other markets to look at are that both teams scored in 11 of the last 16 head-to-heads – this can be backed at 1.61, while 11 of the last 14 repeat fixtures saw OVER 2.5 GOALS – this is a 79% strike-rate. This can be backed at 1.72.
The player markets see Arsenal’s Aubameyang on offer at 3.75 (1st) or 1.72 (anytime), while Leicester’s Vardy, who has scored 5 goals in the last 5 head-to-heads, is on offer at 5.00 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime) – however, Vardy missed Leicester’s last game with injury, so team news ahead of this clash should be noted.
It’s all set up to be a fascinating game, but the way we are going to play it is to side with OVER 2.5 GOALS at 1.72. This is a bet that’s paid out 79% of times in the last 14 repeat fixtures.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.72
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac