Monday 18th October 2021
Arsenal v Crystal Palace 20:00
- Met 42 times, Arsenal 25, Draws 13, Palace 4
- Arsenal took 4 points off Palace last season
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 0-0 Palace
- Arsenal have lost just 1 of their last 21 league games vs Palace
- Both teams scored in 11 of the last 14 head-to-heads
- 10 of the last 14 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- 5 DRAWS in the last 17 league head-to-heads
- Palace have scored in 12 of their last 14 vs Arsenal
- Milivojevic (Palace) has scored 4 in the last 7 head-to-heads
- Aubameyang (Arsenal) has scored in 3 of the last 6 head-to-heads
As we head into week eight in the Premier League the Monday night clash sees Crystal Palace travel across town to face fellow Londoners – Arsenal.
After an average start to the season, the Gunners have picked up a bit recently and come here with three wins from their opening seven games and 10 points, while despite playing some good football Palace will be disappointed with just the one win in the league so far – they sit on 7 points and near the foot than the top of the table.
Arsenal took 4 points off Palace last season in the league but the Eagles did hold the Gunners to a 0-0 draw in this clash last term – a repeat can be backed at 10.00.
Having said that, Arsenal have lost just 1 of their last 21 league games against Palace, so it’s no surprise to see them as short as 1.60 in the match betting, with the draw 3.75 and Palace 6.00.
These sides have produced 5 draws in the last 17 league head-to-heads though and with Palace having also drawn their last two Premier League games vs Brighton and Leicester then the Eagles are no strangers to a stalemate at the moment.
Other options to look at are that both teams have scored in 11 of the last 14 clashes (79%) – this can be backed at 1.90. We’ve also seen 10 of the last 14 head-to-heads produce OVER 2.5 GOALS, while 6 of the last 8 have been Over 3.5 Goals – you can grab odds of 1.90 on 3+ goals being scored in the game, or a better 3.40 on 4+ goals.
Palace rarely play Arsenal without scoring too – they’ve netted in 12 of their last 14 against Arsenal – you can back Arsenal ‘NOT’ to keep a clean sheet at 1.61.
Looking at the scoring markets, Arsenal’s Aubameyang has netted in 50% of the last 6 head-to-heads – he’s on offer at 4.33 (1st) or 2.00 (anytime), while Palace’s Milivojevic – if starting – could be a player to have onside with 4 goals in his last 7 vs Arsenal – he’s 17.00 (1st) or 6.50 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a game that Arsenal rarely don’t get something out of but despite only having one league win this season, Palace have been playing some good stuff. Arsenal ‘not’ to keep a clean sheet at 1.61 looks a tempting option in a clash that the Eagles often score at least one goal in.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: ARSENAL ‘NOT’ TO KEEP A CLEAN SHEET @1.61