Saturday 26th December 2020
Arsenal v Chelsea 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea
- Chelsea took 4 points off Arsenal last season
- Chelsea have lost just 2 of their last 17 league games vs Arsenal
- Both teams scored in 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads (all comps)
- 9 of the last 13 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Arsenal have scored in 12 of the last 14 head-to-heads (all comps)
- 5 RED CARDS in the last 12 head-to-heads (4 Chelsea, 1 Arsenal)
- 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 5 DRAWS in the last 11 head-to-heads
- Arsenal have lost 2 of their last 7 home league games vs Chelsea
- Aubameyang (Arsenal) has scored 3 in the last 3 head-to-heads
Struggling Arsenal are in dire straits at the moment after a terrible start to the new Premier League season and things don’t get an easier with Chelsea up next for the Gunners on Boxing Day.
Arsenal have won just 4 of their 14 league games this term and head into this game with only 14 points and only 4 points off one of the relegation slots.
Therefore, it’s no real shock to see Chelsea as the clear favourites to win this game, despite being the away side – Arsenal are 3.60, with the draw 3.60 and Chelsea 2.00.
This fixture last season also ended in an away win – Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea, with the Blues taking 4 points off their London neighbours last term.
In fact, Chelsea have lost only two of their last 17 league games against Arsenal.
With both teams scoring in 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads, then this option might appeal at 1.70, while 7 of the last 9 clashes saw OVER 2.5 GOALS.
It’s worth pointing out that there have been a fair few draws though – 5 of the last 11 meetings have ended all-square, but it’s also been a fiery clash recently with a massive 5 RED CARDS in the last 12 meetings (Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal).
Looking at the goal scoring markets – Chelsea’s Timo Werner is sure to be popular at 4.74 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime), while Arsenal’s Lacazette can be backed at 7.50 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime).
It’s a game that there will be a lot of pressure on Arsenal to get back to winning ways and you feel another defeat or two and their boss – Arteta – will be under a lot of pressure to keep his job.
But I think the best option here is for BOTH TEAMS to score at 1.70. This is a bet that’s paid out in 80% of the last 10 meetings and with both sides having plenty of firepower, then you can see much of the same again – the Gunners have also scored in 12 of their last 14 vs Chelsea
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.70
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac