- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Albania v England
World Cup Qualifier
Sunday 28th March 2021, 5:00pm
- FIFA World Rankings, Albania 66, England 4
- Met twice before, Albania 0, Draw 0, England 2
- Last met, World Cup 2001, England 2-0 Albania
- England have lost 2 of their last 12 games
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of England’s last 9 games
- 5 of the last 7 England games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 11 of England’s last 15 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- England have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 9 games
- England have scored just 1 goal in their last 3 away games
- Albania have won their last 4 games
- Albania have lost just 1 of their last 8 games
- 3 of Albania’s last 4 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 3 of Albania’s last 4 games
It’s World Cup qualifiers again this weekend and Gareth Southgate’s England face a tricky trip away to Albania.
The Three Lions will be roaring after an easy 5-0 home win over San Marino, but they will have a much harder game here with Albania certainly an up-and-coming side in the world of football.
Albania come into the game having beaten Andorra 0-1 away last Thursday, while prior to that they’ve won their last three (last 4 in total) and have only lost one of their last 8 games.
The match betting still sees England, who currently have a FIFA ranking of 4 as opposed to Albania’s 66, at just 1.28, with the draw 5.00 and Albania as big as 11.00.
The sides have only met twice before and with the last of those coming back in 2001, then these clashes don’t really tell us much, but for the record England are 2-from-2 over Albania.
England have been free-scoring of late, with 5 of their last 7 games going OVER 2.5 GOALS, while 11 of England’s last 15 games also saw 3+ goals. You can back 3+ goals at 1.85 in this game.
However, a small word of caution here as 3 of Albania’s last 4 games actually went UNDER 2.5 GOALS, and they are likely to make life hard for their visitors here – especially with home advantage. Under 2.5 goals is 1.95.
Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of England’s last 9 games, so you might be tempted in at 1.57, but just like the Overs/Unders stats the recent Albania games go the other way with 3 of their last 4 games seeing both sides score. It’s worth noting that England have also only scored one goal in their last 3 away games.
Team news for England will be important if you fancy a delve into the scoring markets – in midweek against San Marino Ward-Prowse, Calvert-Lewin (2), Sterling and Watkins were the scorers in their 5-0 win over San Marino, but you can expect Southgate to recall a few more of his big-guns here. Harry Kane is 3.50 (1st) or 1.72 (anytime), Sterling is 5.00 (1st) or 2.25 (anytime), while Calvert-Lewin could easily figure again after his brace last Thursday – the Everton man is 3.50 (1st) or 1.72 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a game that England will be disappointed if they are not getting all three points here, but you feel it might be one of those tricky away games – especially against an in-form side that seem on the up.
We still think England will win, but the 1.28 on a victory is skinny and risky, so even though England netted 5 goals in their last game, the UNDER 2.5 GOALS market at 1.95 is how we are going to play this, with Albania likely to make this a lot harder than San Marino did.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @1.95
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.
All trades and bets were streamed live on JuiceStorm TV which was was watched by 124,209 Betfair Traders in 2022.
All results for the 30,635 Betfair markets traded are here and the charts are here.
Top 50 Comments on JuiceStorm.com