- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Last season’s FA Cup winners, Liverpool, take on the Premier League champions – Manchester City – in what is set to be a top renewal of the 2022 Community Shield.
The match, which will be staged at King Power Stadium (Leicester), will be played on Saturday 30th July 2022
We take a look at the key head-to-head stats!
Liverpool v Manchester City, 17:00
Saturday 30th July 2022
- Met 190 times, Liverpool 91, Draws 51, Man City 48
- Last met FA Cup Semi-Final (April 22), Man City 2-3 Liverpool
- Last met Community Shield (2019), Man City 1-1 Liverpool
- Both league fixtures last season ended in 2-2 DRAWS
- Man City have won the Community Shield 6 times
- Liverpool have won the Community Shield 15 times
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 16 of their last 20 vs Man City (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 11 of the last 15 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Mo Salah (Liverpool) has scored 7 goals in the last 13 head-to-heads
- 11 of the last 14 head-to-heads (all comps) went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 3 DRAWS in the last 5 head-to-heads
Liverpool and Man City get the new English season going on Saturday 30th July at the King Power Stadium (Leicester) in the Community Shield and we are set for a stormer of a game.
Okay, these games can often be a bit cagey, but both these Premier League heavyweights will be looking for an early win for their fans and some early silverware here.
The sides were only separated by a point in the league last season – with City winning the title on the last day of the season with 93 points, with Liverpool just a point back with 92.
But Liverpool did beat City in the FA Cup semi-final last term (3-2), so we do get a repeat of that match-up at Wembley on Saturday the 30th July.
Over the summer City have bought the prolific scorer – Erling Haaland – and has also introduced Kalvin Phillips to their squad, but have let go Sterling and Jesus.
Liverpool’s main loss was Sadio Mane and that will be a big hole for Liverpool to fill. He also scored in ALL three matches against City last season – including two in the FA Semi Final last April.
Liverpool have won the Community Shield 15 times in total, but are still 6 off the leaders Man Utd (21 wins), but a win here will see them leap up to joint second with Arsenal on 16 wins. City have 6 Community Shields under their belts.
They last met in the final of the Community Shield in 2019 – it ended 1-1, with City winning 5-4 on pens.
The 90mis match betting for the game is tight, with Liverpool at 2.90, the draw 3.30 and Man City 2.40.
Both league head-to-heads ended 2-2 last season, so if you fancy a repeat of this you’ll be rewarded at odds of 13.00, but this is generally a game with goals as BOTH TEAMS have scored in 11 of the last 15 clashes, while 11 of the last 14 went OVER 2.5 GOALS.
You can back OVER 2.5 GOALS at 1.90, with BOTH TEAMS to score at 1.66 and this looks the way to play this game – something that paid out the last time the sides met in the Community Shield Final when the game ended 1-1 in 2019.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.66
Recent Community Shield Winners
2021 – LEICESTER
2020 – ARSENAL
2019 – MANCHESTER CITY
2018 – MANCHESTER CITY
2017 – ARSENAL
2016 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2015 – ARSENAL
2014 – ARSENAL
2013 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2012 – MANCHESTER CITY
2011 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2010 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2009 – CHELSEA
2008 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2007 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2006 – LIVERPOOL
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.
All trades and bets were streamed live on JuiceStorm TV which was was watched by 124,209 Betfair Traders in 2022.
All results for the 30,635 Betfair markets traded are here and the charts are here.
Top 50 Comments on JuiceStorm.com