- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
The 2022 Champions League Final this season is between Liverpool and Real Madrid, with the match taking place on Saturday 28th May (8pm) at the Stade de France in Paris.
Liverpool, who has already won the FA Cup and EFL Cup domestically, will be looking to land the Champions League (European Cup) for a seventh time, but still have a way to go to get to the 13 wins their opponents – Real Madrid – have.
We give you the stats and you make the decisions!
As always, we’ve got all the games covered from a head-to-head angle, plus our best betting option on each match based on the stats – So, let’s get started!
Match Betting (90mins)
Real Madrid 3.50
(Note: Odds are subject to change)
Saturday 27th May 2022
Champions League Final
Liverpool v Real Madrid 20:00
- Liverpool have won the European Cup 6 times
- Real Madrid have won the European Cup 13 times
- Met 8 times before, Liverpool 3, Draw 1, Real Madrid 4
- Last met 2021 (Champ Lge), Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 5 vs Liverpool
- Real Madrid have won 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads 3-1
- Real Madrid have won 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- 4 of the last 6 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads
- Benzema (Real Madrid) has scored 4 goals in the last 5 head-to-heads
- Liverpool have scored 2+ goals in 11 of their last 12 Champions League games
- Liverpool have won 10 of their last 12 Champions League games
- Mane (Liverpool) has scored in 3 of their last 4 European games
- Real Madrid’s last 5 Champions League games went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in Real Madrid’s last 5 games
- Benzema (Real Madrid) has scored 10 goals in R Madrid’s last 5 CL games
It’s the Champions League Final this Saturday night folk and we should be in for a cracking game as Liverpool, who just missed out on the Premier League title by a point, take on La Liga winners – Real Madrid.
This year’s final will be staged in Paris at their famous Stade de France stadium at 8pm.
Liverpool and Real Madrid last met in this competition last season twice with the latest a 0-0 draw and the time before a 3-1 win to the Spanish side.
In fact, Real Madrid have by far the much better recent record in head-to-heads – unbeaten in their last 5 and have won 4 of the last 5 too.
Looking at the outright betting (to lift the Champions League), then Liverpool are at 1.61 and Real Madrid are on offer at 2.30.
Four of the last 6 head-to-heads saw OVER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.72 – while Both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 6 of the last 8 meetings today (2.20).
However, to counteract this head-to-head stat, Real Madrid’s last five Champions League games have seen both teams score and with the firepower the sides have the 1.61 on offer looks a fair price.
Looking at Liverpool’s Champions League games this season – they’ve won 10 of the 12 they’ve played and scored 2+ goals in 11 of those. The Reds to net over 1.5 goals in the game is on offer at 1.90.
Madrid’s last five European games went OVER 3.5 GOALS – so if you fancy this again, you’ll be rewarded at 2.75.
The scoring markets are dominated by the usual suspects, with Mo Salah at 5.00 (1st) and 2.10 (anytime), while Sadio Mane is 7.00 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime).
Madrid’s Karim Benzema is their main man – the Frenchman will be playing in his homeland too and has netted and incredible 10 goals in their last 5 Champions League games – he’s on offer at 5.50 (1st) or 2.30 (anytime). He’s also got a fair record when playing Liverpool – scoring 4 goals in the last 5 head-to-heads.
Overall, recent form suggests we could be in for a good game and if you a neutral then hopefully plenty of goals too. Benzema looks a good option if you fancy a delve into the scoring markets, but BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 1.61 is how we are going to play this one.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 1.61
Recent Champions League Winners
2021 – Chelsea
2020 – Bayern Munich
2019 – Liverpool
2018 – Real Madrid
2017 – Real Madrid
2016 – Real Madrid
2015 – Barcelona
2014 – Real Madrid
2013 – Bayern Munich
2012 – Chelsea
2011 – Barcelona
2010 – Inter Milan
2009 – Barcelona
2008 – Manchester United
2007 – Milan
2006 – Barcelona
2005 – Liverpool
2004 – Porto
2003 – Milan
2002 – Real Madrid
2001 – Bayern Munich
2000 – Real Madrid
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.