- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Saturday 26th May 2018
Real Madrid v Liverpool, 19:45pm
Venue: NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kiev
Real Madrid v Liverpool, Saturday 26th May 2018, 19:45pm
– Last met in the Champions League (2014), R Madrid 1-0 Liverpool, Liverpool 0-3 R Madrid
– Played 5 times in the Champions League, R Madrid 2, Draw 0, Liverpool 3
– 3 of the 5 previous head-to-heads were won 1-0 (2 Liverpool, 1 R Madrid)
– Both teams DIDN’T score in all 5 previous head-to-heads
– Benzema (Madrid) has scored 3 goals in the last 2 head-to-heads
– 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads went UNDER 1.5 GOALS
– Liverpool have won 10 of their 14 Champions League games this season
– 12 of Liverpool’s 14 Champion League games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams scored in 8 of Liverpool’s 14 Champions League games this season
– Mo Salah (Liverpool) is Liverpool’s top scorer this season with 44 goals
– R Madrid have won 8 of their 12 Champions League games this season
– 11 of R Madrid’s 12 Champions League games this season went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams scored in 9 of Real Madrid’s 12 Champions League games this season
– Ronaldo (R Madrid) is R Madrid’s top scorer this season with 43 goals
JUICESTORM VERDICT: With the domestic league action finished then the football matches at the moment are a bit thin on the ground – however, don’t forget we’ve got the World Cup next month, plus there is still the small mater of finding the European Champions as Liverpool and Real Madrid do battle in the Champions League Final this Saturday.
With big names on both sides much of the focus will be on Cristiano Ronaldo and Mo Salah as these goal scoring giants try and out do each other. Ronaldo has netted a staggering 43 goals this season in all competitions, while Salah heads into the match with one more goal on 44.
The match betting suggests a close game, with the current holders – Real Madrid – just edging it in the 90mins betting market at 2.10, with the draw 3.60 and Liverpool 3.10
While if you prefer to go down the more cautious route then just to lift the cup Real Madrid are 1.61 and Liverpool can be backed at 2.20
What are the stats saying? The sides have played 5 times in this competition with Liverpool actually holding sway with 3 wins to Real Madrid’s 2 (we’ve had no draws). However, it’s Madrid that have the better recent head-to-head record – they last met back in 2014 with Liverpool failing to score after 1-0 and 0-3 victories for the Spanish side.
Looking at this season’s European form then Liverpool have got the final having won 10 of their 14 games, while Real Madrid, who don’t forget, have won this competition for the last two season, have recorded 8 wins from their 12 games in Europe.
Madrid are also clear of the all-time hall-of-fame in this competition with 12 wins, while Liverpool have lifted the European Cup 5 times – the last of those being in 2005.
Can We Expect Goals? On paper there should be. With Ronaldo and Salah having netted a monster 87 goals (in all comps) between them this season then it will be a huge shock if this one ends 0-0!
Ronaldo is on offer at 4.00 to score the first goal, or 1.66 anytime, while Salah is 4.75 (1st) or 1.83 anytime. Both are sure to be hugely popular in these scoring markets and if either (or both score) then it would be a bad result for the bookmakers.
It’s worth noting though that 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads between these sides went UNDER 1.5 GOALS – this can be backed at a tasty 6.00 – with 3 of those 5 recent clashes ending 1-0 to one of the sides. 1-0 Madrid is on offer at 13.00, while 1-0 Liverpool can be backed at 17.00.
But both sides have been in rude scoring form this season in this competition with 11 of Madrid’s last 12 European games going OVER 2.5 GOALS, while 12 of Liverpool’s 14 also produced 3+ goals.
Both teams have also scored in 8 of Liverpool’s 14 European games this term, while both sides found the back of the net in 9 of Madrid’s 12 – Both teams to score is on offer at just 1.40 though.
If you fancy extra-time or pens then Madrid are 10.00 and Liverpool are 12.00 to win requiring Extra-time, while Madrid and Liverpool are both 15.00 to win on penalties. (odds are subject to change)
All-in-all the game has got the billing of being a humdinger – let’s hope it doesn’t disappoint.
Yes, recent head-to-heads suggest it might not be a high-scoring game, but they last met 4 years ago and are slightly different teams now – especially Liverpool.
With that in mind the 1.44 on Over 2.5 goals looks a bit skinny, but very possible. You can add an extra goal (Over 3.5 goals) for a much-better 2.10 or if you are feeling brave Over 4.5 goals is on offer at 3.75.
However, the pick is for Liverpool’s Mo Salah to continue this rich vein of scoring form into this Final. As pointed out he’s already netted 44 goals this season so the 1.83 (odds are subject to change) on offer on him adding just 1 more looks fair value to us and will be the main bet going into what looks a fascinating final.
JUICESTORM BEST BET: MO SALAH TO SCORE ANYTIME @1.83
RECENT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS
2017 – REAL MADRID
2016 – REAL MADRID
2015 – BARCELONA
2014 – REAL MADRID
2013 – BAYERN MUNICH
2012 – CHELSEA
2011 – BARCELONA
2010 – INTER MILAN
2009 – BARCELONA
2008 – MANCHESTER UNITED
2007 – MILAN
2006 – BARCELONA
2005 – LIVERPOOL
2004 – PORTO
2003 – MILAN
2002 – REAL MADRID
2001 – BAYERN MUNICH
2000 – REAL MADRID
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.