- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Sunday 8th November 2020
Manchester City v Liverpool 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man City 4-0 Liverpool
- Each side took 3 points off the other in the league last season
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 12 of their last 15 vs Man City (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 6 of the last 10 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Mo Salah (Liverpool) has scored 4 goals in the last 8 head-to-heads
- Man City have lost just 1 of their last 11 home league games vs Liverpool
- 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads (all comps) went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 9 of the last 10 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
A real Premier League heavyweight clash this Sunday as title favourites – Manchester City – host the current champions Liverpool, in a game that will have a huge bearing on the outcome of the 2020/21 campaign.
It goes without saying a win for either side will be huge in the title race with before this round of games Man City are on offer at 2.37 to win the Premier League, with Liverpool slightly better at 3.00.
Liverpool head into week 8 top of the table with 16 points and that’s despite not looking that convincing in their opening 7 games, while City (who have played a game less) start this round of games in only 10th with 11 points.
With that in mind, a win for City looks slightly more important, while Liverpool would probably be happy with a draw too.
The match betting makes Man City the clear favourites at 1.90, with the draw 4.00 and Liverpool 3.50.
Liverpool are, however, unbeaten in 12 of their last 15 when playing City, but the Merseysiders will also be aware that his fixture last season ended in a 4-0 win for the Manchester side. City have also lost only one of their last 11 home league games when facing Liverpool.
Both teams have scored in 6 of the last 10 clashes so this might appeal at 1.50 – and with both sides having plenty of firepower up front then this option is sure to give you a run for your money – albeit at short odds.
The OVER 2.5 GOALS option is also exactly the same price (1.50) as both teams to score – there has been 3+ goals in 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads when the sides have met so his bet pays out more often than not. It’s also worth pointing that that a massive 90% of the last 10 repeat fixtures also saw 3+ goals scored.
The scoring markets are as always dominated by Liverpool’s Mo Salah, who has scored 4 goals in the last 8 head-to-heads – the Egyptian striker is on offer at 5.00 (1st) or 2.00 (anytime). Sadio Mane is the other main Liverpool man at 5.50 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime), while City’s Raheem Sterling can be backed at 5.00 (1st) or 2.00 (anytime) to score against his former club.
Overall, we can expect a tight game but Liverpool have looks slightly vulnerable this season, especially with their main defender – Van Dijk – out for the season. With that in mind, I think City might just edge this one, but we are still going to play things safe by opting for OVER 2.5 GOALS at 1.50 – if you are feeling brave and want a tad more value then Over 3.5 goals at 2.20 might be the way to go.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.50
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.