- FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried Denied Latest Release Request As Trial Looms - September 28, 2023
- Coinbase Secures Registration With Bank of Spain – Details - September 23, 2023
- Ethereum Unveils Shiny New Testnet, What Does It Do - September 18, 2023
- Ethereum has seen a strong rebound from its recent lows, which has allowed it to outperform Bitcoin and most other digital assets throughout the past day
- This rebound has led it from lows of $320 to highs of over $380
- Bulls are now vying to push the crypto back into the $400 region, which could allow it to reclaim its bullish market structure and see further upside
- One analyst doesn’t believe this is going to happen, however, as he is pointing to the emergence of a technical pattern as a reason why a move to $240 could be imminent
Ethereum and the entire cryptocurrency market have seen a slight uptrend throughout the past few days, with Bitcoin’s continued defense of its $10,000 support creating a backdrop for other assets to recover against.
Although it does appear that ETH is on its way to making a full recovery, there are still some roadblocks that stand in its way.
The $400 level will likely act as strong resistance in the near-term due to its technical significance. If this level is reclaimed and established as support, it may allow for the asset to see serious upside.
One analyst is also pointing to a potential wave pattern that suggests this relief rally will be followed by serious near-term downside.
He specifically is eyeing a move down towards $240 in the near-term.
Ethereum Rebounds from Recent Lows as Bulls Aim for $400
At the time of writing, Ethereum is trading up over 5% at its current price of $373. This is around the price at which the cryptocurrency has been trading for the past few hours.
Throughout the past week, sellers have been aggressively trying to push ETH lower, with its support at $320 holding strong on multiple occasions.
The strength of this level, coupled with Bitcoin’s ability to remain within the five-figure price region, has allowed ETH to recover a good bulk of its recent losses.
Analyst: This Pattern Suggests ETH May Move Towards $240
One analyst explained that there is one technical pattern that suggests further downside is imminent.
He points to wave pattern, noting that this could be the relief rally that comes before a major decline that sends it down to $240.
“I’m wondering if maybe this abc up is complete and is just a shallow one. Far too many people saying bottom is in for my liking, even from chads I typically respect. The bottom aint in imho, and I’m using eth as my barometer because its clearer,” he said.
If Ethereum does plunge to these lows, it could create a headwind that strikes a serious blow to smaller altcoins that have been performing quite well throughout the past few months.
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.