- The TopTrap Greyhound Profit And Loss Account On Betfair - March 17, 2022
- Betfair Best Execution – 11 Requested & Filled At 320 - January 16, 2022
- BTB System e-book - March 13, 2015
There are 3 basic varieties (and several variations) of Roulette:
Single Zero Roulette (left) – house edge 2.7%
Double Zero (American) Roulette (centre) – house edge 5.26%
French Roulette (right) – house edge 1.35%
The lower house edge of French Roulette results from the “La Partege” rule, which means that “outside bets” (on red, black, odd, even or 1-18, 19-36) get half the stake back if the ball lands on zero. At some casinos games described as “European roulette” have the La Partege rule, at others they don’t.
Contrary to what you might think, the EV of roulette is the same regardless of what you bet on – a single number, all red, or even the “no risk” strategy below. All it depends on is the WR and the variety of roulette (European, American etc). The thing which alters depending on the bet is the variance. No risk roulette has no variance – you know the outcome. The highest variance is on a bet on a single number. As always high variance means more risk, so choosing a lower variance option is a less risky one.
Because of the possibility of “no risk” play, roulette is often excluded from bonus offers, or low risk bets are specifically forbidden.
There is a detailed discussion of the game rules, payouts, various types of bet, variance etc here.
European Roulette no risk strategy
Risk Category A, Risk free/B, low risk, depending on WR.
The risk free roulette strategy (French/European roulette with the La Partege rule) loses £1 for each £37 spin unless you hit a zero, which wins £9. Therefore this strategy is completely risk free providing that the number of spins required for the WR is lower than the value of the free bet. If the number of spins is greater than the free bet amount, you will lose a fixed amount unless you spin a zero.
There is a video demonstrating this strategy below.
Note that some casinos allow roulette but not if you play the no risk strategy, in which case it becomes a much riskier option. You should check the t&cs carefully as if “no risk” wagers are excluded you can find that the bonus is voided, or that you have to do the whole WR on something else having already lost some money on the roulette.
The Red/Odd Strategy
Risk Category C, some risk/D, moderate risk, depending on WR.
This is the strategy with the next lowest variance, since it covers about 3/4 of the table. it doesn’t matter if you cover red or black and odd or even, the probability of winning is the same. It is possible to play this sort of strategy using ghostmouse: gmouse.exe, saving some time.
Other Roulette Strategies
Risk Category E, high risk
The next lowest variance bet is red or black, odd or even, 1-18 or 19-36. Each of these has the same variance and is roughly an even money bet on European Roulette. This would be a poor choice for a WR for a bonus because of the relatively high house edge, with the possible exception of French Roulette.
Sometimes casinos offer a % cashback on losses offer, and if roulette is allowed, the prospect of cashback can be used to create a value bet with a single spin of roulette to the value of the qualifying WR. This is a little like being given better than evens on the toss of a coin – it is a good value bet because if you do it a lot of times you will win overall, but any single coin toss still has a high risk (50%) of losing. If the bet wins you simply withdraw, if it loses you suffer a loss, but the loss is smaller than the potential win because of the cashback. Some casinos will specify a minimum number of bets or maximum stake to stop you doing this. Only attempt this sort of thing if you understand the risks of value betting.
William Hill Vegas Casino – Risk Free Signup video by Darren Hall.
Here is a risk free way to gain from the William Hill Vegas casino offer sign up. So as long as you haven’t wagered in this area of their site before then you can have a bash. It will take literally 2 minutes and you will make £19 profit.
Goto William Hill, deposit £50 and then move to the Vegas area of the site.
Fire up Roulette (we tested on 3D Roulette) and place the following bets.
£1 on Green
£1 on every Red number
£18 on Black
This covers all the outcomes. Note the software will not allow you to just bet on Red / Black simultaneously so this is the work around.
You will now have £37 staked. The wagering requirement for the sign up offer is £100 or 4x the bonus amount but stakes on roulette on count at a weighting of 50% so we need to make £200 worth of staked. Hence we need to make 200/ 37 = 5.41 spins i.e. 6 spins to complete.
Each spin you will lose £1 a time however once you have completed the 6th spin the bonus will credited to in your regular account. So just cash out of the casino and the £44 will be returned to the account giving you a balance of £69 for £19 profit!
Please note that the staking contribution of roulette has changed. 11 spins are now required, not 6 as shown, and the profit will be £14, not £19 as in the video. You should always check the T&Cs of any offer carefully as they can and do change.
NB. If you don’t yet have a William Hill account, make sure you do the sports signup first (see the bookie signups page) as the size of your sports free bet depends on which link you sign up through, whereas the casino bonus does not.
Forum discussion of a roulette bonus at Ladbrokes from BetseventyTwo
Ladbrokes £50 roulette bonus this weekend by steve180479 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:37 pm
On website but got an email about this too – usual 4x wager but has comment about low risk wagering on red/black or even/odd doesn’t count. There seems to be some confusion over this whether this means you can’t bet on both red and black or odd and even as opposed to just betting on red for example.
So whats the best way to do this? £50 4x rollover
by Darren » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:09 am
Yeah looks a good one.
Certainly wouldn’t advise doing black / red together, this bonus and indeed my Ladbrokes account is far too valuable in the long term to get booted off! The optimal combinations are Black / Odd or Red / Even together so I will have a £1 on Red and £1 Even and do 100 autoplay spins. Also play French Roulette as if you spin a 0 you get 1/2 the stake back on the even money bets, off to do that now!
I have had offers like this in the past and have previously been able to claim the 2nd one too. Given that next weekend the wagering is on BJ got to be worth a try!
Back soon with an update……
Make sure you claim your 100% match bonus on us this weekend!
Exclusive match bonus for you!
You can claim a 100% match bonus when you play any of your favourite Blackjack or Roulette table games depending on the weekend…that should put a smile on your face!
With over 50 Blackjack tables to choose from which include multi-hand, single-hand and high-limit and 10 Roulette games which include European Roulette Gold available on our Instant or Download Casino you’ll be spoilt for choice.
* Play any of your favourite Roulette games during 19th – 20th September.
* Play any of your favourite Blackjack games during 26th – 27th September.
To qualify for your 100% match bonus simply deposit between £25 and £50 (or currency equivalent) and turnover your deposit four times on any of your favourite Roulette in the first weekend or any of your favourite Blackjack in the second weekend…don’t forget to fill in the claim form!
Please note you can only claim for either the Roulette or Blackjack match bonus.
If you qualify your account will be credited within 48 hours of your claim being submitted.
This is one offer you won’t want to miss!
For any query related to this offer, please contact customer services quoting the code CA09011.
* Check the terms of the promotion you’re claiming
* Make sure you’ve qualified
* Enter your details here and click ‘Claim Now
* You will be contacted with your bonus within the stated period of qualification.
Terms and Conditions
1. To qualify for this offer you must be an existing Ladbrokes Casino customer with a real money account and deposit between £25 and £50 (or currency equivalent please note: USD,GBP and EUR are all 1 = 1 chip) and turnover your deposit four times any of our Roulette or Blackjack table games depending on the weekend in our Instant or Download Casino. The deposit must be made fresh from your method of payment.
2. This promotion will begin at 00:01 GMT on 19th 2009 and ends at 23:59 GMT on 27th September 2009. During 19th and 20th September play any Roulette and during 26th and 27th September play any Blackjack.
3. The minimum purchase and wagering (staking) requirement must be met to be eligible for any promotion.
4. Your account will be credited with the amount of chips you deposit within 48 hours of your claim being submitted. The minimum deposit must be 25 chips.
5. Your free chips will be credited to your account and must be staked at least four times prior to withdrawal.
6. The maximum amount credited will be 50 chips.
7. Low risk wagering will not count towards your bonus requirement i.e bets on red/black or odd/even.
8. Providing all criteria are met bonuses will be credited within 48 hours and a confirmation email will be sent to all qualifying players.
9. Only one claim per customer, per household, per shared computer and shared IP address.
10. Playing as a guest user does not contribute to eligibility for any offer.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any promotional offer to any player for any reason, or to withdraw an offer at any time. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Promoter: Ladbrokescasino.com, PO Box 150, Suite 8, 5th Floor, Europort, Gibraltar.
13. Play on casino games through Ladbrokespoker.com and Ladbrokesgames.com does NOT count towards qualification for this promotion.
14. Ladbrokes Casino reserves the right to exclude players from this and all future promotions if we have reason to believe they are abusing this promotion. Currently, this applies to customers residing in Russia.
15. For any query related to this offer, please contact customer services quoting the code CA09011.
by Darren » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:22 am
Wow that was quick, less than 3 mins to play, Red / Even 100 times, ended on £49 so a £1 down with £50 to come, lovely!
by steve180479 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 am
but the fact that they mentioned black/red and odd/even could be construed that they don’t want you to place even bets at all??? Still possibly a bit risky?
by steve180479 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:56 am
£9 down for me so just hope for the £50 bonus now….
by Darren » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:00 am
Never had a problem with Red / Even or Black / Odd combination, this covers just over 75% of the board so not low risk in the way that Red / Black is, as that would cover over 98% !
by mikeymp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 pm
Nice one this , went black/odd and some two column betting for a profit of £18 before the bonus is added!
by steve180479 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:51 pm
my bonus in just now
£25.50 after wagering – pretty lousy really from a £50 bonus i must admit – on these i either lose money or make a small amount – never seems to be a good run
by mikeymp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:25 pm
Only £13 from my bonus but cant complain as added to my original profit its still £31 i didnt have before!
by Darren » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 pm
Just had my £50 bonus added, so wagered it over 4x on Single Deck BJ (Autoplay of course). This added another £21 too, so made £70 from this offer, nice!
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.