England v Ivory Coast
Tuesday 29th March 2022
- FIFA World Rankings, England 5, Ivory Coast 51
- England and Ivory Coast have NEVER played before
- England have conceded just 5 goals in their last 17 games
- 4 of England’s last 7 games went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- Both DIDN’T score in 12 of England’s last 17 games
- England are currently 21 games unbeaten (90 mins)
- England have won 13 of their last 19 games ‘to nil’
- Kane (England) is their current top scorer (44)
- Ivory Coast has won just 1 of their last 4 games
- 3 of Ivory Coast’s last 4 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 3 of Ivory Coast’s last 4 games
- 7 of Ivory Coast’s last 10 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
Next up for England, during this latest International break, is a home clash against Ivory Coast this Tuesday (29th March 22).
Surprisingly, the nations have never played before so a bit of history in the making here.
England had a small scare in their game last Saturday, after going a goal down in the first half to Switzerland, but fought back well to eventually win 2-1 thanks to goals from Luke Shaw and Harry Kane.
Therefore, it’s no shock to see the match betting ahead of this game favour the Three Lions – England are on offer at 1.44, the draw 4.50 and Ivory Coast are at 7.00.
It will be another game that England boss may tinker with his side, but the recent Switzerland fixture saw very promising showings from Crystal Palace’s Marc Guehi and their on-loan (from Chelsea) Connor Gallagher, so you’d feel they might get a look in again. Palace’s promising fullback – Tyrick Mitchell – is also in the current squad.
So, team news will be key again if you are playing in the goalscoring markets, but England captain – Harry Kane – can be expected to figure and will, as always, be popular in the scoring markets as he looks for his 45th International goal.
The Three Lions are now 21 games unbeaten after their recent win over Switzerland, while they have won 13 of their last 19 ‘to nil’ so this option might appeal at 2.20.
We’ve also seen 7 of Ivory Coast’s last 10 games go OVER 2.5 GOALS, and with 4 of England’s last 7 games seeing 3.5 goals or more, then the stats lean us towards plenty of action in front of goal here.
You can back Over 2.5 Goals at 1.85 or if you want a bit more value, then Over 3.5 Goals is on offer at 3.25.
If you feel England might let one in again though – just like in their last game – then then both teams to score option at 2.10 could be of interest.
Overall, these International friendlies are tricky games to call, especially when the nations have NEVER played before.
However, England are on a good roll at the moment and with home advantage again will be hard to beat at 1.44.
The home side winning ‘top nil’ is tempting, but after leaking a goal last weekend and looking a bit vulnerable at the back, we prefer to side with Over 2.5 Goals again at 1.85.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.85