World Cup Qualifier
England v Hungary 19:45
Tuesday 12th October 2021
- FIFA World Ranking, Hungary 40, England 3
- Met 5 times, England 3, Draw 1, Hungary 1
- Last met (2021, World Cup Qual), Hungary 0-4 England
- Both teams have scored in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- England have conceded just 3 goals in their last 13 games
- 10 of England’s last 15 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both DIDN’T score in 10 of England’s last 13 games
- England are currently 17 games unbeaten (90 mins)
- England have won 12 of their last 17 games ‘to nil’
- Kane (England) is their current top scorer (40)
- Hungary have drawn 3 of their last 8 games
- Hungary have drawn 5 of their last 14 games
- Hungary have lost just 4 of their last 18 games
- 7 of Hungary’s last 12 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
Next up for Gareth Southgate’s England is a home clash at Wembley with Hungary in their latest World Cup qualifying game.
Tuesday’s match will give England another chance to move one step nearer qualification as they head into this fixture to of their group on 19 points after 6 wins and a draw.
Hungary are down in fourth on 10 points after a defeat to second-placed Albania last time, so will certainly need to get something here if they want to keep their World Cup dreams alive.
The match betting is very one-sided with England, who come into the game off an easy 5-0 away win over Andorra, at 1.14, the Draw 7.50 and Hungary at 19.00.
The sides met earlier this year too in Hungary, with that ending in a 0-4 away win for the Three Lions. You can back a repeat of that scoreline at 8.50.
In their histories, the nations have only met five times, with England holding the advantage with 3 wins, to Hungary’s one, with their being one draw too.
Other head-to-head stats to note are that both teams have scored in 4 of the last 5 clashes – this can be backed at 3.00, while 4 of the last 5 also went OVER 2.5 GOALS – this is on offer at 1.65.
England, who got to the final of the 2020 European Championships, have continued their good form into the qualifying games and come here having conceded just 3 goals in their last 13 games and are currently 17 games unbeaten (90 mins).
The Three Lions have also won 12 of their last 17 games ‘to nil’ so don’t let many in these days and with home advantage you can expect another tight performance at the back from England – you can back an England win without conceding at 1.53.
Looking at Hungary, they are not the force they’ve been in the past and a recent 1-0 defeat to Albania backs this up. They are also a nation that seems to draw a lot of games – 5 of their last 14 in fact!
The scoring markets are tricky until we know the line-ups. Southgate has been tinkering in recent games, but with Hungary much better oppo than Andorra we can expect Harry Kane to be back in the starting line-up – the Spurs man is 3.20 (1st) or 1.53 (anytime).
Others to note are Phil Foden at 6.00 (1st) or 2.40 (anytime), Raheem Sterling at 5.00 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime) and Jack Grealish 7.00 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a game you can fully expect England to dominate and win fairly comfortable. Hungary shouldn’t be totally underestimated though and are likely to make life harder than Andorra.
But an England ‘win to nil’ looks another safe option here, albeit at just 1.53.
We’ll also take Harry Kane, who was on target when these sides last met, to get the first goal of the game at 3.20.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: ENGLAND WIN ‘TO NIL’ @1.53 & HARRY KANE 1ST SCORER @3.20