- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
Monday 14th September 2020
Brighton & Hove Albion v Chelsea 20:00
Premier League Betting Guide
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Brighton 1-1 Chelsea
- Chelsea took 4 points off Brighton last season
- Brighton have scored just 2 goals in their last 9 vs Chelsea
- Chelsea have won 11 of their last 12 head-to-heads vs Brighton
- Chelsea have won 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads ‘to nil’
- Played 14 times before (all comps), Brighton 1, Draw 2, Chelsea 11
- 7 of the last 10 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 9 of the last 12 head-to-heads
- Chelsea have scored in ALL previous 14 games vs Brighton
Brighton and Chelsea get their new Premier League campaigns off and running on Monday 14th Sept with a meeting at the Amex Stadium.
The sides actually met recently at the ground in a pre-season friendly and that ended in a 1-1 draw – in fact, this repeat fixture last season also ended 1-1. You can back that scoreline (1-1) at around 8.50.
Chelsea have been busy in the summer transfer market too – splashing the cash with the likes of Timo Werner and Kai Havertz joining the Blues.
The match betting sees Chelsea at 1.61, the draw 4.33 and Brighton 5.00.
Chelsea have held the upper-hand when facing Brighton in recent seasons – they took 4 points off the Seagulls last season, and the Londoners have also won 11 of their last 12 against Brighton.
Lampard’s men have also won 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads vs Brighton ‘to nil’ – a repeat of that can be backed at 2.87.
In all competitions the sides have met 14 times, with Chelsea winning 11, just one win for Brighton and two draws.
Despite Chelsea’s dominance in this fixture, it’s interesting that 7 of the last 10 clashes went UNDER 2.5 GOALS – less that 3 goals in the game can be backed at 2.00, and Over 2.5 goals at 1.80.
Chelsea have also scored in ALL their 14 previous games against Brighton, but with both teams ‘NOT’ scoring in 9 of their last 12 head-to-heads this might be another option to look at – it’s on offer at 1.95.
The scoring markets see Chelsea’s new boys – Timo Werner on offer at 4.00 (1st) or 1.83 (anytime), with Havertz 8.00 (1st) or 3.20 (anytime). Brighton’s main hope of a goal might come from Neal Maupay – Brighton’s main striker can be backed at 8.00 (1st) or 3.20 (anytime).
Overall, it’s a game I expect Chelsea to get all three points from, but Brighton are not an easy side to beat at home. Under 2.5 goals and both teams not to score are tempting options, but I think Chelsea will want to hit the ground running in their opening game and I’m going to keep it simple but siding with Chelsea at 1.61 to get all three points here.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: CHELSEA WIN @1.61
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.