- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
With Portugal……..or should we Ronaldo, beating Switzerland on Wednesday and Holland seeing off England in extra-time on Thursday then we are set up for a cracking UEFA Nations League Final this Sunday.
Portugal will have the bonus of home advantage but Holland certainly look a nation back on an upward curve so it looks a tight one to call.
Let’s see what the stats say…………………..
Portugal v Holland
Sunday 9th June 2019, 19:45
- Last met 2018, Portugal 0-3 Holland
- Met 13 times, Portugal 7, Draw 4, Holland 2
- FIFA Rankings, Portugal 7, Holland 16
- Portugal have won 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- Portugal have lost just 1 of their last 11 vs Holland
- 4 draws in the last 9 head-to-heads
- 9 of the last 13 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads
- Last head-to-head saw a RED CARD (Portugal)
- Ronaldo (Portugal) has scored 3 goals in the last 3 head-to-heads
- Portugal have drawn 4 of their last 5 games
- Portugal are unbeaten in their last 9 games
- Holland have won just 1 of their last 4 games
So, after two decent UEFA Nations League semi-finals it’s Holland and Portugal that face-off in the final this Sunday (9th June 2019).
With the remaining games being staged in Portugal then the home nation will, of course, have an advantage and that’s reflected in the 90 mins betting with Portugal 2.37, the draw 3.25 and Holland 3.00.
While the outright odds see Portugal at 1.70 and Holland 2.05 – still a fairly tight one for the bookies to call.
However, the sides last met in 2018 and that saw Holland win 0-3, so that will certainly give the Dutch plenty of hope. There was a red card (Portugal) in that game but it came in the 90th min so had little impact on the game.
They’ve met 13 times before and with 7 wins Portugal hold the edge, while Holland have two victories.
So, yes, Holland have won the most recent clash, but Portugal have won 3 of the last 5 and have actually lost just one of their last 11 vs Holland.
With 9 of the last 13 head-to-heads seeing UNDER 2.5 GOALS (69%) then at 1.80 this will certainly be a popular option, while both teams scored in 5 of the last 7 clashes – this is on offer at 1.72 and is another tempting bet.
The scoring markets will be dominated by a certain Ronaldo – he was on target three times in the semi-final and has also netted three times in his last three games vs Holland. He’s on offer around 4.00 to score first or 2.10 anytime.
So, a fascinating clash and one that looks set to be a tight one. Under 2.5 goals might not be the worst shout, but BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE looks a slightly safer option at 1.72.
The draw might be the value in the 90mins market too – as we’ve seen 4 stalemates in the last 9 head-to-heads and Portugal have a recent habit of drawing too – 4 of their last 5 have gone that way.
JUICESTORM VERDICT: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 1.72
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.