- Saturday Horse Racing Trends and Free Tips: 1st Oct 2022 - September 30, 2022
- 2022 Ayr Gold Cup Betting Trends & Free Tips - September 11, 2022
- Saturday TV Trends and Tips: 17th Sept 22 - September 11, 2022
2017 EFL Cup Final Betting Guide – This Sunday sees the first English domestic cup final as Manchester United and Southampton lock horns for the EFL Cup – the league Cup to you and I!
It will give both sides a chance to keep their fans happy with a trip to Wembley and some silverware for the trophy cabinet.
So what do the stats say ahead of the game?
Manchester United are the clear favourites at around 1.40 to lift the cup, while Southampton are as big as 2.87.
That said, Saints fans will still fancy their chances as they’ve been in cracking form in this competition this season, winning all five games, plus during those games they are yet to concede a goal!
Yes, Southampton have seen off Liverpool (2 legs), Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Arsenal to get this far and in doing so have kept clean sheets in each game. All of those matches have been close though with ALL 5 GOING UNDER 2.5 GOALS – so at 1.70 this market has a certain amount of appeal, or if you think Southampton can go another game without leaking a goal then a Saints clean sheet at 4.33 is the way to go.
United have obviously done well to get this far too – they’ve beaten Northampton, Man City, West Ham and Hull (2 legs), but have conceded 4 goals over those 5 matches, while 3 of the 5 went OVER 2.5 GOALS.
Like your goal scoring bets?
United’s Swedish striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored two goals in the league fixture earlier this season, with the Red Devils winning that one 2-0, so is sure to also be popular again in the scoring markets, while he was also on the mark at the weekend against Blackburn in the FA Cup.
Some other main stats to note between the sides are that 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads have seen both sides NOT SCORE – this is on offer at around 1.80, but we’ve also seen two 1-1 draws in the last 7 head-to-heads – a repeat of this score can be backed at 6.50.
However, we feel that we could be in for a tight and cagey game with Southampton certainly not ones to make life easy for Man Utd – after all they’ve already beaten Liverpool and Arsenal in this competition this season. We’ve already mentioned how good they’ve been at the back in this cup (not letting a goal in), so the longer the match goes on it may well develop into a clash that both teams take few risks in, with extra-time or even penalties certainly strong possibilities too.
But, the call here is to delve into the Overs/Unders market and with a tight game expected then – UNDER 2.5 GOALS at 1.70 is the call – we’ll just need there to be less than 3 goals scored in the game inside 90 minutes to collect!
Manchester United V Southampton 16:30, Sky Sports
– Already met this season (Premier League), Man Utd 2-0 Southampton
– 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Man Utd) scored 2 in this seasons fixture
– Two 1-1 draws in the last 7 head-to-heads
– Southampton are yet to concede a goal in this competition this season (5 games)
– All of Southampton’s EFL Cup games this season went UNDER 2.5 GOALS (5 games)
– Man Utd have conceded 4 goals in this competition this season (5 games)
JUICESTORM VERDICT: UNDER 2.5 GOALS (90 mins)
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.