England v Austria 20:00
Tuesday 2nd June 2021
England v Austria
- FIFA World Rankings, England 4, Austria 23
- Met 4 times before, Austria 0, Draw 0, England 2
- Last met (2007, Int Friendly), Austria 0-1 England
- England have won the last 2 head-to-heads 1-0
- 6 of England’s last 9 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 6 of England’s last 7 games
- England have scored 2+ goals in 5 of their last 6 games
- England have conceded just 3 goals in their last 6 games
- Harry Kane has scored in England’s last 2 games
- Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (34)
- Austria have drawn 2 of their last 4 games
- Austria have lost just 1 of their last 7 games
- 5 of Austria’s last 6 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 4 of Austria’s last 5 games
- Marko Arnautovic is Austria’s current top scorer (26)
We are in touching distance now of the start of the rescheduled Euro 2020 Championships, with teams over the next week or so taking in friendlies to prepare for the month-long tournament.
One of the outright favourites for the competition are England, who are around 5/1 in the betting, and they warm-up on Tuesday night with a home game against Austria, who are 80/1 in the outright market.
Of course, these friendlies are tricky games to call and really not ones to get too involved in, mainly due to managers still tinkering around with their sides, a lot of subs and also players having in the back of their minds to not get injured.
The match betting sees Gareth Southgate’s England as the clear favourites at 1.50, with the draw 4.20 and Austria 7.00.
Team news in the build-up to the game will also be key, so the scoring markets can’t really be touched until we know the line-ups. England’s Harry Kane, who has scored 34 times for his country, will be popular at 3.75 (1st) or 1.83 (anytime) and he’s also scored in England’s last two matches.
Looking at Austria, their current top scorer is Marko Arnautovic with 26 goals – he’s on offer at 10.00 (1st) or 4.00 (anytime).
The call could be goals though – 6 of England’s last 9 games have seen OVER 2.5 GOALS, while 5 of Austria’s last 6 games have also seen 3+ goals – you can back Over 2.5 Goals at 1.95.
However, it’s also worth pointing out that both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 6 of England’s last 7 games, so at 1.80 this is sure to attract interest too.
Overall, it’s a game that England should be expecting to win and gain more confidence ahead of the Euros. Over 2.5 Goals and Both Teams ‘Not’ to score catch the eye, but even though it’s odds-on the 1.50 on England winning here actually doesn’t look too bad value.
Let’s keep this one simple and opt for a Three Lions win
JUICESTORM VERDICT: ENGLAND TO WIN @1.50
Trade better & faster on Betfair with BetTrader from RacingTraders
Boost your profits by downloading this powerful Betfair trading platform.
Fast browser-based software for betting & trading on Betfair.com Available now for PC & Mac