- Ethereum Unveils Shiny New Testnet, What Does It Do - September 18, 2023
- SIM Swap Attack: Ethereum Co-founder Reveals Details Behind X Account Hack - September 12, 2023
- Here’s Why 2024 Will See Bitcoin On Apple, Amazon, Or Google’s Balance Sheet - September 7, 2023
The outpour of Bitcoin-related news from El Salvador, AKA Bitcoin Country, slowed down. It’s the calm before the storm. The Bitcoin Law goes into effect in September.
Optimism From El Salvador, Forbes And Bank Of America
- As it turns out, El Salvador is Latin America’s most optimistic country about its economic future, according to Forbes. And just wait until they get a taste of what Bitcoin can do, and read “The Bitcoin Standard.” They’ll be static. And, even better, after they use the Lightning Network a few times and realise that they’re in the future while the whole world remains in the Stone Age.
— Documenting Bitcoin ? (@DocumentingBTC) August 1, 2021
- On the one hand, the Bank of America stated the obvious. On the other, it’s extremely surprising for a legacy financial institution to emit such an honest opinion about El Salvador’s bitcoinization. In any case, President Bukele shared a page from a report from the Bank of America and it made global news.
— Nayib Bukele ?? (@nayibbukele) August 1, 2021
Generous Donations And Bitcoin ATM Mania
- Bitcoin 3D printing company Crypto Cloaks auctioned the “El Salvador La Ley Bitcoin Newspaper” and raised 11,000,000 SATS for Bitcoin Beach. The Bitcoin community keeps showing up and supporting the project that changed the world. Even though it seems like Bitcoin already won, the battle is just starting. Let’s keep at it.
~11,000,000 SATS are on their way over to @Bitcoinbeach! I’d say we had a very successful fundraiser with the El Salvador newspapers!
Thank you to everyone you participated in the auctions and everything we planned with the newspapers.
— CryptoCloaks (@CryptoCloaks) August 2, 2021
- The amount of Bitcoin ATMs in El Salvador went to the moon and the second part of the experiment hasn’t even started. How will this map look in a few months?
El Salvador is Bitcoin territory JuiceStorm.com/KYzL0A1UO0
— Jorge Valenzuela Bitcoin Beach (@jorgebitcoinES) August 1, 2021
Podcasts And Meetups
- Bitcoin Magazine sponsored a meetup to talk about Bitcoin and the Lightning Network. The first of many, we hope.
We will meet at a steakhouse, have a great meal and share our ideas about Bitcoin adoption. Let’s chat about the Lightning payment layer and the technological, economic and societal aspects of Bitcoin.
— Fodé Diop ?? (@diopfode) August 1, 2021
- Back in El Zonte, the host of the Bitcoin Rapid-Fire podcast, John Vallis, had a conversation with Roman Martínez and Jorge Valenzuela. The two community leaders are the current face of the Bitcoin Beach project and our main source of news for this section. Enjoy!
— John Vallis (@johnkvallis) July 23, 2021
Education And Community Building in El Salvador
- The Lifeguard program was one of the first projects that Bitcoin Beach tackled. These people get training, jobs at the beach, and get paid in Sats. A dream job if we ever saw one. However, can you believe how many lifeguards there are?
— Jorge Valenzuela Bitcoin Beach (@jorgebitcoinES) July 15, 2021
- Education is the key, as Martínez says. The Bitcoin Beach folks keep educating people and vendors in the nearby towns. Little do these people know that those Bitcoin classes are going to positively change their lives forever.
— Roman Martínez (chimbera) (@romanmartinezc) August 5, 2021
This is one example of a small Salvadorean business transacting with Bitcoin… after taking our course, this vegetable and fruit vendor adopted the technology and accepted her first payment in Bitcoin. This is what the people need – it’s about education! #Bitcoin JuiceStorm.com/nJRwnhwEVW
— Roman Martínez (chimbera) (@romanmartinezc) July 30, 2021
— Roman Martínez (chimbera) (@romanmartinezc) August 4, 2021
That’s it for today, but the adventure is just beginning.
In 2021 TradeHost traded 7,937 Betfair UK, IE, US & AU horse racing and greyhound markets.
2022 saw TradeHost become even more profitable with 22,698 Betfair markets traded.